cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sub 6 inch (modern/supported) Android Phones

b-ry
I'm a reliable contributor
Have a Pixel 5 - battery is still going strong with full day use, it just does everything I need it to - I don't need/want all the fancy bells and whistles, just a mid-tier spec'd flagship. Particularly when it comes to size - thats somewhere were IMO, the Pixel 5 is still reigning champ in 2024, particularly in Canada.
Sadly, a key hardware component has started to degrade and its proving tough to source

Sure theres the zenFone 10, (v. 11 going big), but is not reliable for the whitelisting to allow Wi-Fi Calling/VoLTE
Are there any other modern Android vanilla/minimal UI enhanced devices with a sub 6 inch screen? Like something equivalent to an iPhone SE size/spec would be awesome and is tempting if it weren't for iOS... I don't want to switch over.

I don't mind getting unlocked, financing is of no interest to me. I just need to have 5G, WiFi Calling, and VoLTE in a package sub 6 inches.

***Edited Labels***
2 REPLIES 2

Re: sub 6 inch (modern/supported) Android Phones

RogersMoin

Hello, @b-ry.

We appreciate you being our Community member!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Pixel 5! It sounds like it's been a great phone for you, especially with the battery life and compact size.  

Finding a replacement that ticks all the boxes can be tricky, but the only option that comes to my mind is the Samsung Galaxy S24 with a screen size of 6.2". I'm not sure if you would like foldable phones, but the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 measures 85.1 x 71.9 x 15.1 mm when folded. This compact size makes it convenient to carry.

Community: any suggestions?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Re: sub 6 inch (modern/supported) Android Phones

b-ry
I'm a reliable contributor

Yeah, no flip/foldable phones - just another piece that will likely prematurely wear out.

Additionally, the Samsung S24 (or any Samsung for that) isn't a viable option as they're all greater than 6 inches. Its not able "convenience to carry" but overall convenience to use. I don't need such a large device, I'll just use my computer for heavier tasks - no issue there.

My Pixel 2 was honestly perfect, only got the P5 cause the P2 battery was failing and lucked out on securing a BNIB P5.

The only phone that seems to check off anything close would be the Asus zenfone 10, but Rogers will NOT allow me to "register"/whitelist the device to use WiFi Calling and VoLTE even though it can absolutely support both features. And it isn't something just to Rogers, its a trend/norm of Canadian telecoms. And stems back way before getting my Pixel 2.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation