cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch with its own dedicated phone number / LTE

EdouardTabet
I've been around

Need to setup 2 apple watchs for my kids.  They are under my family packaged and as per Apple, Rogers doen't offer a standalone plan for apple watch.

Help ?

**Labels Added**

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Apple watch with its own dedicated phone number / LTE

lauraj1
I'm here a lot

Looking for exactly the same thing.  Just switched from Bell to Rogers and really frustrated this does not seem to be an option.  I didn't even think to confirm before making the switch as this is non-issue with Bell.

RogersYasmine

Greetings @EdouardTabet,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers community! I'm sure your kids are very excited for their Apple Watches. What a nice treat. 🙂

In order to use the watches on the Rogers network, they would need to be added to an Rogers postpaid wireless account (as an additional line) and linked to an existing iPhone device on the main line to share the data. The cost to add a smartwatch plan is $10/month + taxes. The iPhone must also be on a compatible Rogers Infinite or Share Everything plan. A MyRogers profile is required to assist with the set-up.

Please note, only one Apple Watch can be paired to the primary iPhone line at a time.

Also, feel free to check out our Apple Watch FAQ page found here. I think you'll find it's quite helpful!

Cheers!

RogersYasmine

Thank you for the reply but this solution does not work.  I already have an apple watch paired to my iPhone so based on the information you provided above there is no solution to add an apple watch for my child.  Is there any solution to this other than switching to another service provider?

Muhammadf
I've been here awhile

I have checked with Rogers. They don't support family setup.

Bell and Telus have family sharing. I have moved my wife's line to Telus and will try to activate the kids' watches. 

RogersYasime

This connectivity issue seems like a very big missed opportunity for the Rogers network in general. Please offer some context into why only 1 of the 3 main telecom companies in Canada do not offer this service.

As a parent in the same situation, this goes to show that there is a market for this type of connection so I'm sure this could be a business opportunity for Rogers to capitalize on.

Look into this further and hope Rogers can get their act together on this.

Amidis
I've been here awhile

totally agree with you!  My daughter got an apple watch but we have to return it as Rogers does not support family share and my daughter is still a bit young to buy her an updated phone that supports the watch

Why does Rogers not allow family setup? What does rogers have against families? 

So its possible to set up a watch for my child with Bell or Telus…not Rogers?
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation