cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive sms verification codes

IreneT1
I've been around

I switched to Rogers yesterday from Telus, and to my negative surprise I am no longer able to receive sms verification codes sent by websites like CRA, TD, Affirm etc.
Is there a way to fix this?

**Labesl Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to receive sms verification codes

Hello, @Cmix.

I appreciate you joining this conversation, and welcome to our Community!

It can be pretty inconvenient not to receive the verification codes. The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) facilitates the short code programs registry, and Rogers, along with other carriers, participates in the program by providing assured access to 3rd party organizations that register their short code programs with CWTA. This program is to help prevent our customers from getting miscellaneous SMS from unknown sources or spammers. 

If you are not getting Verification codes from a company and their short code is listed in Current Short Code Programs, we can investigate it for you.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

RogersJo

Greetings @IreneT1

A warm Welcome to the Rogers Community! Congrats on your first post! 🙌 We are elated to have you on board with us!  Yikes! We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing as this sounds rather bothersome. I do have a few questions for your in hopes of getting this ironed out as well as some suggestions with what may be preventing you from receiving said verification codes. (Coming from a fellow iPhone user myself!) 😊

Have you had the chance to restart your iPhone and check to see if there is a carrier settings update? You can do so by following these steps:

1. Open Settings

2. Go to General and About 

3. Toggle on and off Air Plane Mode

If that doesn't work, you may have to disable "Filter Unknown Senders." You can do so by following the following steps:

1. Open Settings

2. Go to Messages

3. Scroll down and toggle off " Filter Unknown Senders" (You can reactivate it at a later time if you'd like) 

If all else fails, you may very well need to Reset your Network Settings. You can do so by following the steps below:

1. Open Settings

2. Go to General

3. Scroll down to "Transfer or Reset iPhone

4. Select "Reset Network Settings" 

In the event that none of these steps rectify the issue, I would suggest connecting with Apple directly. Fingers crossed! 🤞

I hope this helps! 

RogersJo 

Joel13
I plan to stick around

I work for a social network and when we have error from our SMS provider, often it will tell us that it involves the mobile carrier. While what you are also offering as suggestions is part of what we also offer as a solution is to test the SMS code being sent while in contact with the mobile network. Often we will see it delivered and it doesn't make it to the device and there may be something that is being filtered on Rogers side. Not sure Apple would be able to provide any further diagnosis as they don't control what gets delivered to the device. The network does.... does it not? 

Joel Gallant
photography.joelgallant.ca
vero.co/joelgallant

Cmix
I've been here awhile

I am also having the same issues, I have done the airplane mode and the filter, if I have to do a reset of this phone, I will be bringing it back.  

Cmix
I've been here awhile

oh and I have done everything suggested even a reset, but yet here we are,  My telus work phone no issues, just Rogers!

Hello, @Cmix.

I appreciate you joining this conversation, and welcome to our Community!

It can be pretty inconvenient not to receive the verification codes. The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) facilitates the short code programs registry, and Rogers, along with other carriers, participates in the program by providing assured access to 3rd party organizations that register their short code programs with CWTA. This program is to help prevent our customers from getting miscellaneous SMS from unknown sources or spammers. 

If you are not getting Verification codes from a company and their short code is listed in Current Short Code Programs, we can investigate it for you.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Greetings @Cmix!

Are you having difficulties receiving any/all SMS verification codes or just from a specific vendor?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Cmix
I've been here awhile

I am getting all other verification codes, I am just unable to get whatsapp ones, "we couldn't send an SMS to your number. Please check your number and try again in 1 hour."

So then I thought it was a whatsapp issue, until I was able to download it to my work phone with a different provider and had no issues.

Thank you

Good afternoon @Cmix,

I see you've reached out to us via PM, we're happy to continue assisting you on there. Just as an FYI, the link RogersMoin posted here also provides support info for any short code program number you're experiencing issues with.

RogersZia

Cmix
I've been here awhile

yes and I have reached out to them and there is nothing they can do, has to do with the number.

I had the same issue with WhatsApp couldnt get my verification code and Rogers tech team is still trying to figure it out but finally fixed it myself so let everyone know!

1. Goto settings 

2. Click on apple id (at the very top)

3. Scroll to the bottom and select your device

4. Select icloud backup 

5. Select the app that you are trying to get verification code and turn it off. With whatsapp if you alredy tried to get code wait the hour out. Voila you just got your code and of to the races. 
And Rogers it tech. Are still tring to figure it out lol

RogersYasmine

Hello Community!

It has come to our attention that there is a reported issue happening specifically with WhatsApp short codes not being received. If you are currently affected by this known issue, kindly send us a PM so we can have a ticket submitted for you. This will help in our ongoing investigation. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

I am having the same issues, have been trying for weeks. My wife’s phone (on the same account) received the code hover mine will not.

FamiliaDrj
I've been here awhile
We are experiencing the same issue also @CommunityHelps how can this be resolved?

I am part of Clubhouse, an app whose login solely relies on sms verification codes!

I haven’t been able to log in for months in my original account.

What makes Rogers so special???

Ok well I’ve been locked out of my what’s app account t for weeks now. And I use it for my work and travelling. It’s been a huge inconvenience. What is Roger’s going to do about this?!

Good morning all!

@FamiliaDrj It would appear that Clubhouse is not registered at www.txt.ca so they will not be able to send Short Codes to Canadian numbers until they do register. Please see Moin's post above or the PM I sent to you for more information.

@Bahramdjam Do you have any difficulties receiving other texts or just from WhatsApp? Have you tried contacting WhatsApp directly for assistance with their verification code?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Joel13
I plan to stick around

Corey, I wouldn't agree with that. The Social Network that I work for is not on the list - from what I can find when I search - and I constantly do testing within the app and I get the SMS Code delivered a significant portion of the time. 

We use Twilio as our SMS provider and rarely do we have any users who are using Rogers who have issues signing up. While there are a few, they are rare, along with the rest of the providers in Canada. 

Joel Gallant
photography.joelgallant.ca
vero.co/joelgallant

IamMihir
I've been here awhile

I have the Rogers line (Toronto) and currently changed the phone. When trying to install and set up WhatsApp I am facing the issue. I am not getting the SMS verification code from WhatsApp sent on my Rogers number. Multiple attempts are failing. Also, while trying to get the verification done via call, it doesn't work, says cannot call your number.

Has anyone faced this issue and have the resolution?

IamMihir
I've been here awhile

@RogersCorey : WhatsApp OTP is registered at www.txt.ca 
On same device tried 2 different service providers, and got OPT from WhatsApp in both case.
In fact call verification from WhatsApp also does not work. 

Based on above, it clearly seems issue from Rogers side. Does Rogers have any solution for this?

For anyone that's unable to receive verification codes from WhatsApp, what happens if you text HELP to WhatsApp Short Code 79015?

Do you get a response back right away or not?

Regards,

RogersCorey

roriii
I've been here awhile
Same issue, I had to reset my device, and since I am not able to get whatsapp working with my number on Rogers. I did took my land line and added as a second whatsapp number , requested first via SMS and then I received a call to confirm the 6 number. When I text short code I get the phone number of whatsapp however if you call the number it rings and goes to busy.
Any suggestion?
Topic Stats