cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you schedule a 4K recording from the IgniteTV web portal or iOS app?

wayner92
I'm a reliable contributor

I  am at work right now and I am logged into the web portal looking at the TV Guide listings.  I would like to set up recordings for shows on TSN4K and Sportsnet 4K.  But they don't appear in the Guide, perhaps because I can't stream them to a PC.  The same with the IgniteTV app on iOS.

How do you set up a recording for a show on a 4K channel when you aren't at the Ignite box?

*Added Labels*

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can you schedule a 4K recording from the IgniteTV web portal or iOS app?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wayner92 wrote:

How do you set up a recording for a show on a 4K channel when you aren't at the Ignite box?

This has been discussed here in the Forums many times already over the last five years.  The short answer is that you cannot.

wayner92

Is the portal seen as more of a place to watch TV rather than a portal to be used to set up recordings?  It seems to me that using a web browser with a full PC is way easier to search for shows and set up recordings.  It is easier to find a show by typing on a real keyboard than it is to scroll through a guide.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

wayner92

Thanks in that thread you make EXACTLY the points that I am making, but did so two years ago and it looks like Rogers does not care since they have done nothing to fix this bug.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned many times in many threads, Rogers relies on Comcast for all the features, etc. If Comcast doesn't want it, or feel it necessary, it won't happen.

wayner92

Ok thanks. I was under the impression that Rogers licensed Comcast's Xfinity system but made tweaks to it to customize it to their own needs.  But from what you are saying that is not the case.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Tweaks are done, but they cost money, so unless this is something major (like French instead of Spanish, or the Rogers name on the screen, etc), the likelihood of it getting to us is slim.  

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation