cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel list for Ignite Popular TV package in Kitchener

Phil1953
I've been around

how do I access a printable channel list for Ignite Popular TV for Kitchener area?

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Channel list for Ignite Popular TV package in Kitchener

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Phil1953 wrote:

how do I access a printable channel list for Ignite Popular TV for Kitchener area?

There is no download link for a printable channel listing.  You need to request it by contacting Rogers via telephone or chat or by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

Before you do that, have a read of my post on the topic:

I presume that you are referring to inaccuracies and inconsistencies in the various channel listings.  This has been a problem since the new Popular TV and Total TV packages debuted.

The first complaints about missing channels were posted here: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-Total-TV-Missing-a-Channel/td-p/517288

Others asked about which sports channels were actually included: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/New-Ignite-TV-packages-RE-Sports/td-p/518342

Supposedly, these issues have been reported to the Ignite TV product team.  However, I don't know whether or not the printable channel listings have been fixed.  (They were not yet fixed even in the in the updated listing that I got a few months ago.)

I am (apparently) supposed to get something like 158 channels as part of Total but tells me that I only get 142.  I don't know whether I am actually missing any channels.

Re: Out TV, Rogers.com still says that this channel is included in Total TV but I don't think is actually is.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

1. I presume that you are referring to inaccuracies and inconsistencies in the various channel listings.  This has been a problem since the new Popular TV and Total TV packages debuted.

2. Supposedly, these issues have been reported to the Ignite TV product team.  However, I don't know whether or not the printable channel listings have been fixed.  (They were not yet fixed even in the in the updated listing that I got a few months ago.)

I am (apparently) supposed to get something like 158 channels as part of Total but tells me that I only get 142.  I don't know whether I am actually missing any channels.

1. Yes, but these inaccuracies were also present the last time I "renewed" in March 2023 when they reduced the total number of the Premier channels.  Since we still had Flex going for us at that time, I could swap out some unwatched channels for some that I did watch.

2. They were obviously not fixed less than a month ago in late March 2024.  This doesn't seem to be a priority for Rogers.  They just kept sending me different pdfs developed at different times of 2023/2024, none of which were accurate and it wasn't just one or two channels.  The (many) errors were in the Premier package that I had and also in the Total package that I went with.

3. Yeah, when I go to MyRogers, it also shows 142.  I didn't bother counting, but what I did do after switching to Total was look at all my favourite channels to make sure they were tunable and they were.  I also checked my scheduled recordings and actual recordings.  Since I rarely watch anything live, those recordings worked.

4. One channel that I record all the time is DW and it was not in Total, but it had been in Premier Flex.  I had to pay extra for it, either as a stand-alone ($4) or as part of a theme ($5). Since the News Theme was only $1 more I went with that.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation