cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback After Switching to Ignite TV

bobleuz
I've been here awhile

I recently switched to Ignite TV and internet and I’m sorry that I did.
The channel guide is terrible. It’s black and white and difficult to read. Each page only displays four lines and when you page down the last line on the previous page is repeated.
I set the guide to display only channels that are free to me but it shows dozens of channels that are not free.
The remote is a terrible design. It’s totally black and it’s difficult to see the buttons.
When you want to set the guide to a specific channel it wants you to confirm your choice.
There is a huge display at the bottom of the guide showing details of the program that the cursor is set on. It’s a huge waste of space.
The remote should have a ‘last channel’ button like my previous remote.
All in all this has been a terrible experience.
I wouldn’t recommend Ignite to anyone.
I wish I could go back to the old system.

*** Edited Labels ***

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Feedback After Switching to Ignite TV

ChuckTO
I plan to stick around

it is ridiculous talking about people don’t like change. It is a total lack of critical thinking. Just be honest and look at the pros and cons instead of blindly advocating for a clunky new digital ignite TV user interface.

ChuckTO
I plan to stick around
yes, this is the problem: Techies just wanted to add bell and whistles. as long as possible, without carefully considering the actual user interface impact who did they hire to design this interface? And sadly, these guys are probably making lots of money why reinvent the wheel
I find your ice cream cone image hilariously accurate, but I would say the new cone is actually crumbling as soon as you hold it everything falls to the ground lol

adm7007
I plan to stick around

I'm still on digital TV and internet and aside from recurring pixelation issues on certain channels in the last few years probably due to Rogers not maintaining the digital network it has been rock solid for many years.They wont fix it now.

The internet rarely goes down and I can't remember the last time it did.

No TV issues for many years other than the above mentioned recent pixelation even with good signal levels.

For me digital TV and internet has been extremely reliable as was the previous analog TV.

Decades of next to no problems.

Not anymore it seems.

I seriously doubt Ignite can match this kind of reliability.

Ignite sounds like overly complicated failure prone garbage.

I think Ted Rogers would be appalled at how his company is being run these days.

Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 10 in conversation