cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite STB WiFi Loses Channel Stream

Greyman666
I'm here a lot

The Xi6-A stb is connected via wifi and has an excellent signal strength. When viewing a channel, the screen will turn black after a couple of hours. There is still.a signal to the tv. The menu still works, and I can access options. Turning the stb/tv off and on via the remote usually corrects the problem. Sometimes I need to unplug/plug the stb to correct the problem. While this problem is active, the router still shows the stb as connected. Measuring signal strength shows at least -50db.

This happens when connected via wifi to the ignite Gateway. I have also tried using a Zenwifi XT8 with the Ignite in bridged mode. I have turned off band steering on the XT8, and bound the stb wifi to a mesh node that is 5 feet away. The same problem manifests under this configuration.

When connecting the STB via cable, either to the Ignite Gateway, or the Zenwifi Xt8 when bridged, the STB works fine. The other STB I have (Xi6-T) works flawlessly in wireless and wired mode.

Do I need to replace Xi6-A?

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite STB WiFi Loses Channel Stream

RogersCorey

Good morning @Greyman666!

It does sound like we may need to replace this particular set top box.

Have you tried swapping the locations of the working set top box with the one that's losing WiFi to see if the issue persists?

If this box has the same issue no matter where you locate it, then I'd like to run some tests before I say for certain whether or not this box must be replaced.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further if swapping locations doesn't help. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation