cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV favorites - Is there a way to choose 'which' version (channel#) is favorited?

Lyphe416
I plan to stick around

Hi All,

Anyone know if there is a way to specify which channel version (channel#) is favorited?  For example, CP24 News is in the guide as channel 24 and also channel channel 101.  I only want to have 101 favorited but can't seem to have the TV do that ... in fact ... once I favorite CP24, it ONLY shows it as channel 24 and 101 is gone.

I really hope there is something obvious I'm missing since the higher value versions of the channels are arranged wonderfully with all the news around 100, etc., but you seem to lose this better organization using favorites?

Thanks for any help or guidance.  Cheers!

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite TV favorites - Is there a way to choose 'which' version (channel#) is favorited?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lyphe416 wrote:

Anyone know if there is a way to specify which channel version (channel#) is favorited?  For example, CP24 News is in the guide as channel 24 and also channel channel 101.  I only want to have 101 favorited but can't seem to have the TV do that ... in fact ... once I favorite CP24, it ONLY shows it as channel 24 and 101 is gone.

No, not that I am aware of.  Channels 24 and 101 are not really separate, distinct channels; you cannot set simultaneous recordings on both channels.  Channel 24 is the primary channel number and channel 101 is just an alias.  The way Comcast's system works, only the "primary" channel number gets used when setting recordings or when you select the "Favourites" Guide view.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation