cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording playback restarts randomly

goaliebrent
I plan to stick around

I have found that if I record longer shows like sports (football, hockey, golf) that when playing it back at home, direct from the cable box, the program will randomly restart.  It's very annoying because I don't know exactly where I am in the program and have to find my place again.  This can happen 3 or 4 times during one event.  Has anyone else had this problem?

*** Edited Labels ***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Recording playback restarts randomly

RogersTony

Hello, @goaliebrent 

Thank you for posting your concern to the community. I can imagine how frustrating it is when your recording keeps restarting itself.

This is not an issue we've seen many reports of. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps as of yet? If not, please reboot the Internet modem and then the affected Ignite TV boxes. 

Let us know if this issue is still happening after trying the reboot. 

RogersTony

goaliebrent
I plan to stick around
I have restarted the router and both cable boxes. It's taken me a while to find out if the problem persists because it only happens on shows of 3 or 4 hours in length. It still happens and is very very annoying. I don't see why I will keep this service.

@goaliebrent, thank you for completing the troubleshooting steps recommended by RogersTony. Since the issue isn't fixed, we might need to create a ticket on our end. Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. Click here to learn more about our private messaging system. 

RogersZia

gmea
I've been around

Yes, this happens to us frequently!! Really frustrating as we record many sporting events and after fast forwarding (1 or 2x speed) past commercials we have found that the recording resets (at random times). This happens on both main box and additional box. This problem has been going on for at least the last 6 months and I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting to no avail. Looks like the best advice from RogersZia is to open a ticket....guess that is our next step unless there is something else we could try. 

goaliebrent
I plan to stick around

One thing that I found, is that when I see the bar go back to the beginning, if I exit the recording and come back in, it picks up approximately where it left off.  Better than having to try to find my spot from the beginning. 

goaliebrent
I plan to stick around

I am having discussions with Rogers support staff, but so far they have not been able to find the problem.  They said to me that this hardly ever happens.  But I wonder if it's just not reported.  I can't believe that there are only two of us having these issues.  I never fast forward, I skip so it's good to know (on one hand) that the method of skipping is not the issue.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation