cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Packages on Ignite TV

dalziel66
I plan to stick around

So I had to add the Canadian Time Shifting package to ensure I received channels airing my favourite football team over the regular season. Now that the playoffs are here, I no longer need the Canadian Time Shifting package.

While I was able to add the package "self-serve," when I try to remove the package, the Rogers website directs me to a chat or call with a customer service rep to remove the package. Why is this the case? Is there a way around this?

It's ridiculous that I will have to wait online or on the phone for a long period of time to do something I should be able to do myself. If I can add it myself, why can't I remove it myself?

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: removing packages on Ignite TV

RogersJermaine

Hello @dalziel66,

Thank you for your post here on the Rogers Community Forums; we certainly do appreciate the feedback. At this time, while we introduce more ways for our customers to use self-serve transactions, to remove or exchange a theme pack, you would need to contact us. If there are any updates or changes to the process, we will be sure to let the community know.

Regards

RogersJermaine

Re: removing packages on Ignite TV

dalziel66
I plan to stick around

Ridiculous! Then you need to hire more customer service reps to handle calls! I shouldn't have to wait on the phone for over an hour just to remove a package it took me 10 seconds to add. Rogers really does not care about its customers.

Re: Removing Packages on Ignite TV

noname005227
I've been around

I am running into this problem myself right now.  It's absurd.  It's just like how Amazon makes it so hard to cancel.  Rogers makes it so easy for you to give them your money and so hard to stop. 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation