cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Motion for Ignite TV?

Danno
I plan to stick around

I am still on the Next-Box but was wondering if people who switched to Ignite TV still can enjoy the slow motion feature that the Next-Box has. On Next-Box you just had to hit the play button and it would play back in slow motion. I like that feature especially for sports when there is a controversial call. 

**Labels Added**

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Slow Motion for Ignite TV?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Danno : Unfortunately, that feature is not available on IgniteTV.  I occasionally miss it too.  Many controversial calls in sports already have a slow motion replay by the broadcaster, but obviously there's a lot of action that doesn't.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

My Nextbox 4K PVR (and I assume all Nextboxes) can also add slow-motion audio (aka: Drunk TV) along with the slow-motion video of LIVE TV (slow-motion audio won't work for recordings).

There are several ways to activate Drunk TV for Digital legacy TV, but probably the easiest way is to currently be watching a LIVE TV channel and then press the LIVE (TV) button on the remote control. Then quickly press the Play button once (but after the black screen that might briefly appear). If it doesn't work the first time, just press the LIVE button again, followed quickly by one press of the Play button.

Drunk TV is good for a laugh when watching a serious news report or discussion on CNN, etc. Some people are very funny as drunks, others are not.

However, if you switch to the Ignite TV system, and start to miss slow-motion (aka: Baywatch Mode), I suppose you could rewind to the spot where you want slow-motion, and then use a smart phone to record the video. Most smart phone playback should offer various slow-motion (with audio) speeds.

Sincerely,
David Hasselhoff
((Don't Hassle the Hoff)

RipSnort
I've been around

To view in slow motion, press the voice control button on the remote control, and say "Slow Motion".

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RipSnort Thank you so much for finding this "hidden" feature.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Does nothing.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:
Does nothing.

I'm  not sure why you would say that. Make sure you're watching a recording. Make sure that the text feedback at the top left of the screen confirms that you said "slow motion".  I recorded CP24 and in 1 minute on my watch 30 seconds of CP24 passed, so it's about half speed.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It works with my Xi6-T and XiOne set-top boxes.  Not sure exactly when slow motion (half-speed playback) started working again on our STBs but I think that it was only fairly recently.  Even just a few months ago, there was no response from Comcast as to when (or if) they would bring slow motion back on their Xi-series boxes, and it doesn't look like they have revised their help documentation yet either.

In addition to the "Slow Motion" voice command, you can also activate slow-mo by clicking Pause on your remote, then clicking the Fast Forward button.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to add to this, years ago, I tried to see if there was some way to get slow motion or frame-advance working on the Ignite set-top boxes.  I was able to get the "frame advance" symbol to appear on-screen by clicking the Fast Forward button while paused, and could also do this by rapidly clicking Pause.  However, I was not able to activate slow-mo with Pause, FF at the time, or slow-rewind with Pause, Rew.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, I found a quasi-frame-by- frame advance if you press and hold, the play/pause button.  Unfortunately it's very difficult to invoke this at the time you need it and the screen is not clear of the information on screen.  What happens is the picture proceeds to the next frame, then the next frame, while you keep holding play/pause. 

It can be useful in certain instances, but as I said earlier, it's very difficult to invoke at the correct time and it's not a clear picture.  After the post by @RipSnort , I tried saying "frame advance" or similar terms into the voice command, but nothing comes up properly.  If anyone finds a frame-by-frame advance workaround, please post it here.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 6 in conversation