cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Premier (63 Flex channels) to Total TV - Channel Discussions.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Summary: When checking out channel listings in various packages, do not rely solely on the channel PDFs sent by Rogers.  The Rogers Website Channels listing is more accurate.  The "offer" in MyRogers may not be the best one for you.

My "contract" was up at the end of March, so I looked at various options, but the best (and least expensive) option (for me) was to go with Total TV, in light of the channels that my wife and I watch/record.

For my basic research I looked at the channels I currently had using the IgniteTV app and compared that to the Channels listed on the Rogers Website after putting in a nearby address.  I searched for every channel that I need/want on the website and made notes.

Before making the switch and while negotiating the new package, I wanted to confirm what channels I currently had and what channels I would have under Total TV, so I requested a comparison pdf.

The first comparison pdf was riddled with errors.  Sample errors outlined below:

1. Prime Time Channels - CBC, ABC, NBC, Fox, PBS (16, 17, 18, 28, 61) show as "included" under Flex, when they were not and cost $3/mo.

2. 121 DW is completely missing.

3. 4K channels 507, 509, 515 show as not included in Total when they should be.

4. TSN5 520 shows not included in Total when it should be.

5. REV 540 shows as not included with Flex when it is a Flex channel.

6. Stingray Now 4K 983 is completely missing.

7. Be careful with the Timeshifting channels because they are all listed and have an *, so you only get the ones in your area, unless you pay for Timeshifting

After mentioning this, the mod sent me two additional pdfs (with different dates in case the date of the first list was incorrect).  Unfortunately they also had errors - outlined below:

On the second list, there were additional errors with TSN3 518 and TSN4, 519, SNW 505, SNP 506 not included in Premier.  TSN 5 520, DW 121, Stingray Now 4K 983 are still totally missing from both lists.

On the third list, TSN5 520 is still not shown in Total, SNW 505, SNP 506 not included in Premier. DW 121 and Stingray Now 4k 983 are still totally missing.

The above two paragraphs are in addition to the errors in my first list, excepting the Prime Time channels which were shown correctly as extra cost on Premier Flex in the second two pdf.

Just as an FYI, the following channels were included in my Premier Flex, but not included in Total TV: EuroNews, Teletoon, Discovery Velocity, Africa, Deja View and DW.  Total TV did contain some channels that were not part of my Premier Flex bundle, but most were of no interest to me.

After some back and forth, we were able to negotiate a package that met my needs/wants at an acceptable price point.  It will be for 2 years.

P.S. The "offer" that was on my file when logged into MyRogers was not as good as was finally negotiated and also was misleading since it didn't contain everything that I had.

P.P.S. The transition appears to have gone smoothly with regard to the channels available and the Internet speed.

0 REPLIES 0
Topic Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 in conversation