cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Restart" option now missing on some channels/programs?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Has anybody else with Ignite TV noticed that the "Restart" option is no longer available on some channels/programs?

Normally, one is able to restart at least some programs (content rights permitting) on Global, CTV, CTV2, CP24, and W... but there was a period of time where, when you press the i (Info) button on the remote, no "Restart" option was shown on the menu at the bottom of the screen.

Normally, the programs airing on "W" (channel 27) are almost always restartable, and this is currently not possible at my house or at my parents' house.

As far as I know, programs airing on "W West" have never been restartable but there was a period of time where they were for me.

I have not been able to get any confirmation from Rogers as to whether this is a known problem that the support teams are working on.

Have any of you noticed that you cannot restart programs on some channels anymore that you once usually could?

FYI, the ability to "Restart" programs can sometimes break... but when that happens, it usually affects the ability to restart programs on all channels.  And the problem normally clears when you restart the set-top box.

For me, restart still works on some channels (e.g. Comedy, CTV Sci-Fi, Crave), comes and goes on some (e.g. Global, CTV, CTV2, CP24), or does not work anymore at all (e.g. W)

Is anyone else experiencing this brokenness lately?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Restart" option now missing on some channels/programs?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly wrote:

I was advised that the Restart option are based on the rights negotiated with not just the network, but the show too, some shows may not allow to be restarted.   This is what I was told.

That is absolutely correct, and that is why this particular problem was not simple one to report to Rogers.  It's not like we have a definitive list of the all the content rights for each and every program that airs on every network.  We just know which programs we can usually restart, and we know that something is amiss when the Restart option is suddenly not there, and that's why I posted here -- to see whether anyone else noticed the same.

The @CommunityHelps team escalated a support ticket earlier today and it looks like things are starting to get back to normal, and the Restart option is back for more and more programs.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

User83670
I've been around
Yes, me too...but nobody else has answered this, so I assume this isnt an often visited section....and clearly Rogers isnt here to help

edge905
I've been here awhile

Hey RogersMoin. Why have all of a sudden so many restart features are gone on changeless that had them a day ago? CTV, MSNBC, ...

Flavour1
I plan to stick around

Like a lot of things Rogers does they the changes and don’t tell anybody and when you call in “ We don’t offer that anymore.” 
-Earlier this month we were suppose to get Free Previews of the U.S. and Canadian timeshift channels on two consecutive weekends not list on line in Free Previews or by using your Ignite remote feature 

- November 1, 2023 Rogers dropped the Ignite Flex platform to new customers, but existing customers could keep their Flex Package.

- Potential customers were signing up at Rogers stores and being sold Flex Packages and they didn’t exist anymore to new customers. (this was noted on the Rogers Forum).

The Stingray app. If you are an Ignite Tv subscriber and paying $3 a month for Stingray Plus Package -WHY??? We found this out as Flex packages did’t include Stingray music channels and it was $3 a month extra. Last spring when selecting some of channels on our guide it kicked to the Stingray app for that channel. After calling Rogers who were no help what so ever but would keep charging the $3 for Stingray Plus.

I contacted Stingray customer service they explained what was going on. We cancelled Stingray Plus use the TV and the Stingray app mobile no extra $3 a  monthly charges. We save $3 a month.

Entertainment boxes are not required for each TV you use the Ignite TV app ( the channels you subscribe to, you recordings, you can set recordings, you get on demand all  through the app. You can watch on you mobile devices, ( phone, IPad or cast to those other TVs.

And when you call to complain the answer is (“ we don’t have tell our subscribers”)

This is a not very customer friendly and sneaky way of doing business. With our Ignite Flex 10 Package we have saved over $160 a year.

Remember the internet world has opened a highway that can save you monthly extras

Anything that involves channel changes, should be noted in everybody’s bill

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was advised that the Restart option are based on the rights negotiated with not just the network, but the show too, some shows may not allow to be restarted.   This is what I was told.

Flavour1
I plan to stick around

Hi Pauly, I really think with Ignite compared to Digital with any provider and the old PVR which was mechanical device setting recordings is much easier with Ignite as everything goes to the cloud for up to a year. The same with timeshift channels is a waste of money CBC Gem offer 14 timeshift channels free, Global Tv offers 6-7 timeshift channels free, Yes Tv 3 timeshift free ,City TV time shifts are on Prime on their apps. I am watching a lot of programs on Discovery channel on Demand with no commercials right now. Most news channels are free through their apps.

Sometimes when restart a program it will say “ On Demand” so likely you are correct it maybe rights for it to be watched through restart and on demand

I often wonder why we can’t get PBS, FOX, ABC, CBS and NBC on demand ( rights) ??

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly wrote:

That is absolutely correct, and that is why this particular problem was not simple one to report to Rogers.  It's not like we have a definitive list of the all the content rights for each and every program that airs on every network.  We just know which programs we can usually restart, and we know that something is amiss when the Restart option is suddenly not there, and that's why I posted here -- to see whether anyone else noticed the same.

The @CommunityHelps team escalated a support ticket earlier today and it looks like things are starting to get back to normal, and the Restart option is back for more and more programs.

40GallonGirl
I've been around
Same thing here, and it’s totally frustrating. I’m only noticing it on CP24, but it’s just dawning on me now that they’re a Bell-owned channel… why do I feel like politics are at play here? I just checked, nothing on TSN is repayable either, even if it’s a repeat. I’d bet it’s just Rogers being Rogers. Nothing more, but lots less.

@40GallonGirl  Generally, most of the programs airing on CTV, CTV2, and CTV-Specialty channels are restartable, or at least they used to be.  Now, sometimes you can restart the show, sometimes you can't.  Sometimes Restart isn't available at first, and then becomes available later.

I think that problem has been fixed on most channels but, yeah, things can still be kinda wonky.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 in conversation