cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blink Sync Module 2 not connecting

WestendB
I've been around

Hi,

We have Rogers Internet with the Hitron modem  CGN3. Few days back suddenly our Blink cameras that were using the Rogers WiFi network stopped working. We tried to troubleshoot with the Blink support and found out that the Rogers Internet is blocking the Blink Sync Module 2 connecting to their servers. It gives an error saying WiFi password incorrect or you can not connect to the server.  However, we 100% sure that the WiFi password is correct. The same Sync Module2 and the cameras work totally fine when connected to the mobile phone's Hotspot (Telus), or other WiFi Internet such as Cogeco Internet. We tried with different sync modules and different wifi routers with different settings etc, connected to Rogers but the issue persists. It was isolated to the  the Modem settings or the Rogers Internet. Modem's firmware is 4.5.8.45. Also, we tested with port-forwarding on/off, ALG On/Off,  lowering the WiFi security to no security, Medium Firewall setting to No Firewall (lowest) etc, but no result. I have lost options. 

*Added Labels*

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Blink Sync Module 2 not connecting

RogersCorey

Greetings @WestendB!

The CGN3 is one of our legacy modem models that we no longer offer. If you're having troubles with it, we should look at upgrade options to get you equipped with of our current modem models. 

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

bakedpotato
I've been here awhile

Curious, why would the Rogers modem block certain devices from connecting regardless of model?

I have a family member on Rogers internet and its an old looking device ad his devices all connect without issue.

Is there possibility that the model requires a power cycle or it needs to be defaulted etc?

Thanks

I have the same issue. None of my blink cameras or sync module works after being upgraded to ignite and getting a new modem.

Good morning @bakedpotato!

It's not that we've "blocked" certain devices but rather that modem has had its support sunsetted and we no longer offer it to our customers. This modem model is a 10 year old device at this stage and it's no longer receiving firmware updates.

The only thing I can recommend is to try factory resetting the device and setting it back up again from scratch. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then we should replace the modem with a current model that is fully supported.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I have the same issue, my modem is supposed to be new? I just switch from Fido to Rogers and my blink and Echo does not work, HELP

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

which exact model did they give you?

I am using not XB6 modem, and my blink camera and sync module do connect fine to it.

We have a similar issue! Rogers did some service in our area back in October and since then our Sync Module won’t connect. Keeps saying the wifi password is incorrect and I know 100% that it’s not. I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

T_Red_N
I've been here awhile

Same issue.  Just upgrade to Rogers Ignite due to Cable TV being discontinued and Blink XT2 Sync Module cannot connect saying incorrect password when it is the correct one.  What did Rogers do?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@T_Red_N : If this is a 2.4 GHz device, some of them have issues connecting if you switch to IgniteTV.  Here's a post that provides tips for that scenario.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Ignite-and-Smart-Device/m-p/522111

T_Red_N
I've been here awhile

Thanks 57.  Just an FYI, my background is over 30 years in IT.  I would prefer to be able to setup and config my own modems and used bridge in the past.  But with age comes new tech and cannot do so much with the newer Ignite service.  I could, but then would break service.  In short, I already split and got my other 2.4 limited devices to connect.  Only the Blink XT2 security camera module and one Netgear WIFI extender are having problems.

Yes I have done several resets.  Same network name and password as before, etc..

If I could, I would disable the 5GHz on the Gateway and connect remaining devices and then reenable the 5GHz.  Assuming there is no other mysterious settings at Rogers or the Gateway inhibiting things.  Which I have seen in the past.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 in conversation