cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantining "verification" emails from Gamefound.com

Paladin_65
I'm here a lot

Rogers appears  to be quarantining "verification" emails from Gamefound.com, so I cannot get into my account at Gamefound. Gamefound is a miniatures company that I have purchased from before but now they require me to change my password - unfortunately, at the moment, they can only email me a link to change it ... BUT I am not getting that email in my Rogers account. I tested using a different email entirely with them (and thus a different account with them) and I am getting those emails. I have seen a similar thing in the past with verification emails being sent from Microsoft sites to my Rogers account and it not getting through. It does not show up in my "junk" box nor does it show up in my "spam". So HOW do I stop legitimate emails from getting Quarantined before they even get to my Mailbox? IS there some way I can at least SEE that it is quarantined and then send a request to Rogers to validate it and then release it? Having no visibility into what is getting quarantined and not even getting a notification is extremely frustrating. Please let me know. Thanks very much, I appreciate your time in responding to this.

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Quarantining "verification" emails from Gamefound.com

RogersTony

Hello, @Paladin_65 

Thank you for posting your concern to the community.

I can understand how frustrating this issue has been for you. Can you please ensure that you do not have those emails blocked? You can find the steps on how to add and remove contacts from your blocked list here: Blocking and Unblocking Email Addresses on Yahoo! Mail - Rogers.

Let us know if you are still having issues.

RogersTony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the follow up. I can confirm that I do not have this email blocked (in fact, I have NO blocked email addresses, nor do I have any Contacts configured). I believe the issue is with recent Yahoo\Rogers email filtering\Security. It may be that you have regional blocking suddenly enabled (Gamefound is in Poland). Just a speculation but it is something to consider. Furthermore, I find that today emails sent from my legitimated Microsoft O365 email (xxxxx@voxism.com) to xxxxx@rogers.com are now immediately failing with an error "When Office 365 tried to send your message, the receiving email server outside Office 365 reported an error." Obviously, there is more in the emails string that I could send you but nothing concrete. It does give the error code "" and I have looked at the various Yahoo posts regarding this ...  note that I AM the administrator of our Office 365 (i.e. Microsoft Exchange online) system and can confirm our DMARC, DKIM and SPF setting are all "valid" and "enabled" and we have hundreds of customers (literally) to whom we are able to send emails. I believe there is something more extreme happening at the Rogers\Yahoo email server end. It would be best if emails that get quarantined (such as the ones from Gamefound) at least give the user (me) a quarantine alert with the option for me to release it. As for the issue of Rogers\Yahoo suddenly not accepting emails sent from our @voxism.com email (xxxxx@voxism.com) I would very much like to get a more detailed answer as to the specific cause of it being blocked. 

Note, I also cannot SEND emails from my Rogers account (xxxxxx@rogers.com) to my Microsoft O365 email (Voxism.com domain) -  xxxxx@voxism.com... it gives another "554" related error message:

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     test

Sent:  3/28/2024 1:24 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

xxxxxxx@voxism.com on 3/28/2024 1:24 PM

554 6.6.0 Error sending message for delivery." ...

but I CAN, for example, send an email successfully from my gmail account to my O365 xxxxxx@voxism.com email AND I can also receive emails sent from my xxxxx@voxism.com account (as well as from Gamefound) on my gmail account. I think I need more specifics as to why Rogers seems to blocking this. Can you check to see if "Voxism.com" (a legitimate Microsoft Partner by the way) is for some reason listed as Spam\Phishing? (as well as Gamefound)? Again, just trying to offer some thoughts here. Thanks for your help with this.

Good day,

Thanks so much for the additional info!

I also find it odd that only the one email address would be blocked. If you can please send us a PM @CommunityHelps, we can try submitting a ticket to have it investigated further.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation