cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Causing Ignite Internet to Crash

CanuckHoser
I've been here awhile
Last Sunday, our Rogers Ignite Internet service failed. Along with it, so went our Rogers Home Phone and Ignite TV. I was helped via RogersCares on Twitter and was walked through steps to reset the router/modem by holding down the WPS button for 30 seconds and setting up a new wifi network. Several devices in our home are connected via wifi but we do have an Apple TV box and a 1.5Gig line running to a switch that connects to a PS5, a PC running Windows 11 and an older Mac.

Whenever I turn on the PC (just the PC does this) all Internet connectivity dies for the whole home. I’ve unplugged the Ethernet/disabling the Ethernet adapter in Windows and tried running off a wifi adapter and then I’ve tried removing the wifi adapter and reconnecting the Ethernet cable. Both actions cause the internet to die. Additionally I’ve removed Bitdefender in case it was doing something funky. That causes the network to fail as well.

The internet seems to die about 5-20 seconds (time varies a bit) after logging into Windows. What strange is that this setup has worked flawlessly for months and months. As far as I know, nothing has changed in terms of both hardware nor software. I wonder if the modem reset has caused some issue. Any help with this would be appreciated immensely.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Computer Causing Ignite Internet to Crash

RogersTony

Hello, @CanuckHoser 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it has been not being able to use your device. To clarify, does it only drop the connection when the PC is connected via ethernet? Can you confirm the make and model of your PC and the OS version it is running? Please provide us any additional technical specs about the PC.

We look forward to hearing from you?

RogersTony

Re: Computer Causing Ignite Internet to Crash

CanuckHoser
I've been here awhile
It seems to have resolved itself after three days of me running every test and trick I could think of. It was happening with both wifi and Ethernet. The instant either one (or both) connected, the network died and the instant I disconnected the cable or turned off the wifi within windows or disabled the Ethernet or wifi adapt in Device Manager, it would come back on instantaneously. I saw another person post an identical post from early 2023 about a laptop that did the exact same thing.

It is a Windows 11 machine I put together. Ryzen 9 5900x, 64 Gigs of RAM, Asus Strix 3090 GPU,

Not sure what trick was the one that worked but it’s going now. I still have a tech appointment to hopefully remedy a non working Roger’s Home Phone set up that died at the same time and has not come back for about 10 days.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation