cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite blinking white

Yolas
I've been around

My ignite wifi just got offline. Blinking white and doesn’t work. Anyone going through the same thing? Help!!

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite blinking white

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Yolas wrote:

My ignite wifi just got offline. Blinking white and doesn’t work. Anyone going through the same thing? Help!!

A "blinking white" status LED indicates that your Ignite Gateway has been factory-reset and needs to be reconfigured.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Yolas wrote:

A "blinking white" status LED indicates that your Ignite Gateway has been factory-reset and needs to be reconfigured.

PamArnold
I'm here a lot
It does NOT necessarily mean it has been factory reset. I waited another 10 minutes and it fixed itself

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PamArnold wrote:
It does NOT necessarily mean it has been factory reset. I waited another 10 minutes and it fixed itself

A blinking white status LED specifically means that the gateway is ready for Wi-Fi setup.

Normally, you should only see this state on new Ignite Gateways that are ready for activation/initial setup, or when the gateway has finished rebooting after a factory reset.

Presumably, if the gateway got reset into this state for any reason, had been activated and configured previously, and the customer did not perform the initial configuration within a given period of time, Rogers' central provisioning and management systems would automatically restore its previous configuration.

Rifkaporze
I've been around

What works for me is pulling the plug for the modem for 1 minute and replugging. It takes a moment going through the colors and then finally it goes to steady white. 

User2148
I've been around

Did a hard reset by pulling the power plug out completely for 1 min. and the same issues resurface the following day.

What is the fix?

Thank you for joining the conversation. Are you having the issue as mentioned in the thread here that your modem is continually flashing a white LED light? If so, have you gone through the steps to setup your wireless network? If you are having a different issue with your connection, please start a new thread with the details so that we can assist you further. 

Thank you

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation