cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite modem wakes me up at 10:00AM every day with a loud beeping

qsgrampy
I plan to stick around

For the last two days the modem has started loudly beeping at 10:00 A.M. and I have to unplug it to stop the noise. Once I unplug it and plug it back in everything works as normal. Why is it doing this and how can I stop it. Thanks.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite modem wakes me up at 10:00AM every day with a loud beeping

qsgrampy
I plan to stick around

It turns out that the beeping was a weather alert that for some reason the alarm had been turned on and was going off at 10:08 every morning. When it went off it shut down all of my Wi-Fi. It turns out that this is quite common so anybody with these weather stations should keep them as far away as possible from their modems. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@qsgrampy Which Ignite Internet service do you have? 

As far as I know, none of the Ignite (XB6, XB7 or XB8) Gateways have internal speakers or piezo buzzers that could sound an alarm.  (If they did, it would probably be to alert you to internal overheating.)

If you have an XGS-PON FTTH Internet service, I believe that the Nokia ONT's do have alarms that could sound for a variety of reasons.  You would need to check the status LEDs to see what the problem was, although it might only display a flashing Alarm light.

Or, do you have a wireless Internet service with a Nokia Fastmile 5G modem/gateway?

If you could please let us know the make/model number of the beeping device, that would be tremendously helpful.

qsgrampy
I plan to stick around

It turns out that the beeping was a weather alert that for some reason the alarm had been turned on and was going off at 10:08 every morning. When it went off it shut down all of my Wi-Fi. It turns out that this is quite common so anybody with these weather stations should keep them as far away as possible from their modems. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation