cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Filtering on Gen8

grammaDD
I've been here awhile

I'm trying to switch an HP Envy 5530 printer from my old Bell wireless router to the new Ignite Gen8 wireless router.

It WILL NOT connect! Every time I try, whether with WPS button or keying in the Wi-Fi password, it fails to connect. I can print a report and every time it says the router has MAC Filtering turned on. 

When I log into ADMIN, MAC Filtering shows ALLOW-ALL.  Even if I try to manually add the Hostname and MAC address, it still will not connect.

Has anyone seen this before and, more importantly, what was the fix?

Thanks in advance

Rick

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: MAC Filtering on Gen8

RogersCorey

Good morning @grammaDD!

To confirm, you don't still have this old Bell router connected to our modem, do you? If so, you'll want to remove it from the network.

I suspect this issue may be due to band steering. You'll want to attempt to split your network in two and try connecting to the 2.4G network.

You can find instructions here: How to Ensure Bandsteering is On for the Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem - Rogers

We don't offer direct troubleshooting support for printers. If splitting your network in two does not work, you should consider contacting your printer manufacturer directly for support: Contact Official HP® Support - Canada | HP® Support

Regards,

RogersCorey

Sam-Bingoman
I've been here awhile
I had similar issue with HP printer and after splitting the bands to 2.4 and 5g, it was able to connect with same process of search wifi option on printer. Download HP Smart too as it may become handy in the process.

grammaDD
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the replies.  I ended up connecting an old wireless router as an extender/access point. The printer connected to it first try.

I guess this adds weight to the split bands idea.

Thanks again.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation