cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ignite Home Connect app no DMZ or Port Forwarding

decisiontec
I'm here a lot

Suddenly your newest Ignite Home Connect App version ( Android phone) just released - appears to have NO OPTION for Port Forwarding or DMZ,  as per the previous Build of this App.

Is that true? Because-  if it is - scores of serious users will bail from Rogers immediately - even if it means using Bell Wireless out in the Boonies. The Web based Rogers portal at 192.168.0.1 Ignite Home Connect,  continues to direct users to the Phone based app. What's going on? Try not to lie. Please let me be mistaken and explain to me that Rogers has not fully removed DMZ and Port forwarding from their Apps. I am 30 year user of Rogers and Bell internet phone and TV - I think it's better that I just stop there. How about an answer?  

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Ignite Home Connect app no DMZ or Port Forwarding

decisiontec
I'm here a lot

Ok full stop ! Old guy is happily "WRONG" on missing DMZ and Port Forward features.  The format of the mobile Rogers " Home Connect " App - just released - is pretty different than it predecessor and it's very easy NOT TO SEE  the path to the above 2 features.  You start from the Bottom of the App by tapping the Wifi Canister Icon down there, and then follow and tap related headings to drill down to section you need. 

Ok ! MY HUMBLE APOLOGIES   to Rogers and thank you for not shuttling these very important features overboard - yet!  Mike Holder, Thornbury Ontario.

Cannister Icon. Screenshot_2023-11-06_213608.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-06_213749.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-06_213736.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

decisiontec
I'm here a lot

Ok full stop ! Old guy is happily "WRONG" on missing DMZ and Port Forward features.  The format of the mobile Rogers " Home Connect " App - just released - is pretty different than it predecessor and it's very easy NOT TO SEE  the path to the above 2 features.  You start from the Bottom of the App by tapping the Wifi Canister Icon down there, and then follow and tap related headings to drill down to section you need. 

Ok ! MY HUMBLE APOLOGIES   to Rogers and thank you for not shuttling these very important features overboard - yet!  Mike Holder, Thornbury Ontario.

Cannister Icon. Screenshot_2023-11-06_213608.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-06_213749.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-06_213736.jpg

decisiontec
I'm here a lot

2nd two images above in wrong order - you press on Advanced Settings first (bottom image)  - to get to the DMZ / DNS Server /Lan & Wan / and Port forwarding Options ( all 2nd image above.). MH

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 in conversation