cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Emails From Rogers Yahoo

ryote49
I plan to stick around

I've have been a long time paying customer with Rogers Cable which I have all 3 internet, television, and phone which is VOIP. My beef now is that I've had to pour out nearly $90 bucks for a email client so I could use Imap  to bring in my email thanks to Rogers shutting down their password generator of last year.

Now when I check email from my client it will say you have one new message (I running Windows 10 Pro Enterprise)  yet its not in my in box nor I have filters made and its not in their also. So I log into web mail and it shows nothing. This message was in reply from a very dear friend of mine and it has just vanish?  This not the first time this has happened so I'm really furious with Rogers and regarding support I called and got a level one tech who really couldn't help other than maybe delete said filter and make a new one. I did that to no avail for it wasn't making any difference  since the problem still remains. He also told me that "any new customers who where joining the Rogers Family would not be given any email since in his words "it was costing the Company way too much money". My response to him was Rogers spent millions of dollars at the Skydome or is it called the Rogers Centre I don'[t know anymore. I'm so fed up with the way long term customers are being treated like what can any of us do to bring back some what Ted Rogers built. He was one compassionate man with nothing other than pleasing his customers since they were the build blocks of his Empire.

Sorry for such a long rant.

Signed

Long Term Rogers Customer

***Added Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Not Receiving Emails From Rogers Yahoo

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers/Yahoo may filter out certain e-mails from certain people who have been "flagged" as sending spam. These never reach your Rogers/Yahoo account. In addition, did you check your spam folder.

ryote49
I plan to stick around

None of these emails are from spamming! All of these are just good friends of mine and I never eve had a problem receiving mail from these contacts. Yes I did check my spam folder which I have 2, one from web_mail and my own client which is nothing more as a mirror in folders since I'm using Imap. This has been a problem now on and off regarding when I send a friend a message and no reply back for like many days then I will phone this person and ask if he or she responded to which the answer was Yes.But nothing in their folder in web_mail and of course it goes with saying nothing in my clients folder. I really appreciate your input but that isn't what is happening too me. Thanks again for your kind reply.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you have another e-mail address they can send to as a test?  A few years ago I was having difficulty getting e-mails from friends with Cogeco - some weren't getting through and some took days to get to me.  I set up a Gmail address to test and it worked. I also mentioned the issue to Rogers and they fixed the issue with Cogeco e-mails...

If possible, have your friend(s) do the same - send from a different e-mail address to see if their e-mail address is the source of the issue. Sometimes these things are temporary as some e-mail addresses get "labelled" by Yahoo as spam and don't even get to your Webmail.  When reported, Rogers/Yahoo can remove the problem address from their "black list".

ryote49
I plan to stick around

I shall take your advice and try this out but its to late at my end to be bothering them when they are sleeping. Yes I do have a Gmail account so I can give it a try later on this Monday. Again thanks for your input it has been very helpful.

Good morning @ryote49!

Did you have a chance to try a test email from another account? Did the same thing happen or did the email arrive successfully?

We're waiting to hear back from you so that we can determine the next best steps to help you resolve this issue. Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

ryote49
I plan to stick around

Yes I had my son who has a Gmail account send a test message which I got. Hope this answers your question.

Again thanks for your your time and valuable input.

cheers,

ryote49

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation