cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning Issue

Renell
I plan to stick around

We switched to Rogers for Ignite 1.5GB + TV + Home Phone on Feb 3. Since then, our services have not worked as it should have.

Internet was significantly slower than 1.5GB and I am aware that we’ll almost never actually get that speed. It’s much, much worse though. TV has worked one day and has since been stuck on the welcome screen.

I’ve called tech support multiple times, never a solution and only a “It’s being worked on” kind of response. That is until a manager of some sort named Mike from Vancouver determined fixing it remotely isn’t working, so a tech a scheduled to come in physically.

Our equipment was swapped out but then it became stuck a the classic provisioning error. We went from slow service to no service at all! Read through some posts here and it is evident this is a common issue, with next to no solution.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this that I have not read yet or if it’s time to switch back to Bell? This is ridiculous and unacceptable!!

***Edited Labels***

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Provisioning Issue

RogersZia

Good evening @Renell,

Welcome to the Community!

It's disappointing to hear you about experience with the service and the provisioning issue. I sincerely hope the service is back up since you've last posted here.

If you still require support please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can expedite the resolution for you. 

RogersZia

Jadmerge
I've been here awhile
I have this same issue with “provisioninal processing” since I “upgraded” my internet w Roger’s which was working fine but took the promotional to have “flawless fast fibre 1.5gb internet installed. The tech came Saturday 3 days ago to install but he couldn’t get the internet to work after 2 hours and said “back office needs to hit a switch”. He instructed me to call tech after 30 min if doesn’t work which I did. 6 hours on phone w tech, tech manager and loyalty on Saturday only to be told it’s not provisions and a tech needs to come. They wanted me to wait 2 days, but I can’t cause I work from home and risk loosing my job. Sunday came - I texted the tech, so the same tech came to my house 840 am and said he doesn’t know what is wrong. Rogers moved my Monday appointment to Sunday so the same tech came again at 2-3 pm Sunday (so twice in same day). He replaced the Nokia box which was new from previous day and said its provisions. 4 hours again on tech calls the manager Sunday said that he would look into it, and call me back by EOD. He never called and nothing changed - no internet. The tech said it could take 24 days. I live in the GTA metro area. Now we are Monday - Day 3. Called when I woke up again Roger’s tech support. The agent said she sees this happen something 7 days and longer. She said the manager of tech I spoke to yesterday on Sunday is having escalated and to wait 2-4 hours for an update. I’m pleading for them to restore my old Internet box or anything as I will loose my job and they keep saying to wait. Absolutely the worst customer service ever where you are left in the dark and with no Internet, no home security and no phone for 3 days so far. I’m being held hostage in my own home and can’t work so risk loosing my livelihood. This is serious Roger’s - please help! They won’t even install my old Internet back that worked or let me go to a different provider. I’m being held hostage.

laura_
I plan to stick around

We also had an installation on Friday that left us with no internet connection and have also been told it’s a provisioning issue.
Sorry, no help or information for you, but you are not alone in your frustration 😞
Im almost ready to quit!

Day 4 without internet after a new installation/ upgrade by Rogers. We’ve been with them for many years and are discouraged to read that others are having the same provisioning issue. Why bother offering a service that you can’t provide?

If we decide to stick this out and wait, what kind of compensation should we expect? Wondering if others have been patient enough to see this through and what compensation was received.

laura_
I plan to stick around
I am in the same boat! I am regretting the decision to upgrade now. We’ve also been left with nothing. I also asked customer support about having our old internet until this is working. So frustrating!!

Jadmerge
I've been here awhile
Good news (which doesn’t normal exist w Roger’s).

The provisioning team connected it finally. Literally 10 min ago the box went from orange to “white light”. I called them this morning at 730 am and was on them for 1.5 hour. My advice keep calling, speaking to tech mgmt because the tech manager I spoke to yesterday seemed to have fixed it today as he called me just now to say “it’s finally done”. He also told me how he worked from 9 am yesterday to 9 am today. Rogers seems very understaffed. In any event, I’m still on edge something may happen w the new Internet, with this almost PTSD of no internet 3 days and now have two days of work to catch up on as I work from home. Keep calling and pushing them for the services you pay for. Guess a cumulative of 15 hours of calling pays off.

Jadmerge
I've been here awhile
They refused to install my old Internet back saying you can’t you need to wait for new to work in the ticket system…. Glad it’s online now.

I will be (when I have time) trying to reach out for compensation at a later point cause this is simply unacceptable what has went down and the lies and amount of time a client must push to get a resolution on an “upgrade”.

laura_
I plan to stick around
How long did you have to wait for the provisioning issue to be resolved? Think the wait was worth it?
Wondering if I’m looking at one more day, or a week.

Holly81
I've been around
So this just happened to me today. Was perfectly happy with my internet, had no reliability issues, tv was great. My package expired and when I called, they insisted I upgrade to fibre. I said no thanks I’m happy and they basically backed me into a corner where I had to say yes to avoid a skyrocketing bill. They came today at 11am, claimed the modem threw an error and there is a provisioning issue, told me to call a 1-800 number and I still have no services. I work from home and they don’t care at all - they read from a script when you call and told me it “should” be fixed in a day or so. This is 2024. That is unacceptable. Time to call bell.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

The provisioning issue is a known one.  The techs are all aware of it.  I had to wait when I needed replacement hardware last fall.  

laura_
I plan to stick around
Still no internet. This is day 6.

Renell
I plan to stick around
Well, service is finally up, but it’s not great. Slow service. TV still not working. Home phone has no dial tone.

I was promised a detailed update but all I get are automated voicemails that say there’s been delays. Beyond ridiculous!

Renell
I plan to stick around
We have some service up finally but no where near what we’re paying for. Our internet still goes down at some point in the night because I’d wake up and notice it’s down again. Literally no updates other than automated voice messages saying it’s delayed!

Renell
I plan to stick around
I’m so sorry to hear that. Hopefully it doesn’t affect work, school, or anything of that nature! Rogers supposedly has an Ignite Wifi Serive Guarantee but so far all I’ve come to realize is I’m guaranteed to leave Rogers if this isn’t resolved soon!!

laura_
I plan to stick around
Thanks. 147 hours without internet (and tv) here. Regretting accepting the offer to upgrade to fiber optic. If it’s not a service they can provide, why are they selling it to us?

Srikanth2
I've been around

Hello, I received new modem 2 days ago but I am unable to connect to internet due to modem Provisioning issue. I was told that the order got stuck in the system. I request to resolve the issue on Top Priority. Please Help!!!

laura_
I plan to stick around
Sorry to hear this. We just had our provisioning issue solved a few days ago. It took 12 days in total. I called almost everyday. I also connected with their social media team on Twitter who were very quick to respond (and I didn’t have to wait on hold).
Everything is fine now and the connection is fast. Hope your situation is fixed soon!

Joybr13
I've been here awhile
You waited 12 days?? I’m going on 2 and I’m ready to cancel it right away. First time Roger’s internet user and will certainly not be waiting 12 days! This is ridiculous.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In 2004, I had a provisioning error, I believe because of a new modem.  Internet was down for me for 7 days, despite daily contact with Rogers.  I have no idea why such a simple thing can take so long to fix.  It's totally unacceptable from a customer standpoint.  I believe I went to the library every other day or so.

I asked for and received a credit, but that hardly makes up for the aggravation and time.

laura_
I plan to stick around
Yes! 12 days. We were told we’d be compensated on our next bill. I will make sure that goes through. The most aggravating thing was not being told that it would be a long wait. Everyday I called I was reassured that it won’t be long… almost done, etc.
We used our mobile phone data (not with Rogers) and I was able to find an alternate location to work. We are located in a semi-rural area, so that might make a difference. Not sure though.
Very frustrating!
Hope you are reconnected soon!
Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 in conversation