cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Outage - Waterford, Ontario

ennyl264
I'm here a lot

This is the second major service outage in past two weeks. What is going on? At this point i want a crefit on my bill!

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Service Outage - Waterford, Ontario

ennyl264
I'm here a lot

Finally listed on outage page. This is a joke says "Cause: Fibre cut caused by a vehicle accident". Since fiber cable is buried underground how the is a fiber cut by a vehicle accident? To top it off says 8 to 12 hrs repair time! Seriously?!
Still have no update from the support team which said would update me as soon as they know anything!

@ennyl264 just to comment on this, not all fibre is buried.  Sometimes fibre will be mounted on utility poles, running pole to pole, and at some point, it may come up from an underground run, enroute to an overhead path via utility pole, and at some point it might drop down the utility pole, enroute to an underground path.  So, at those points, where fibre transitions from underground to overhead, and vice versa, its vulnerable to vehicle accidents and deliberate damage.  It all depends on where you live and whether or not fibre can run totally underground for long distances.  Not making any judgements on repair time, just pointing out the possible fibre paths in a neighbourhood.  If this is a multi-strand fibre cable that was damaged, I can surmise that its going to be a pain to identify all of the individual fibre cables and then fuse them back together.  Soooo, that might take a while.  

It would have to be a freakin big cable to encompass everyone in Waterford and everyone between us and Mount Pleasant

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor

I know CCS was on Mount Pleasant Rd last night doing work and even up till late last night still services were not up. Must have been over night it was back up. 

If it makes you feel any better try being in West Brant (Brantford) I've had 6+ outages in the past 30 days. Pick your reason, fiber cut, maintenance, DNS routing, etc. Best thing you can do is voice your complaint with CCTS and get the credit / answer you deserve.  

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation