cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable internet, high ping/ping spikes.

chenguoxin
I've been here awhile

I have done everything I possibly could to try and get my internet issues resolved. This issue mainly persists when I try to play games on my PC connected to an Ethernet cable. It is impossible to play any game without ping spiking and rubber banding. Games are only remotely playable when I ask for a temporary wire, today marks the third time someone came and checked on my wire and said there's nothing wrong with it, but the moment they left and took my temporary line my ping has been horribly volatile in games and doing a ping test in command prompt. Does anyone else have this issue? Are there any fixes or is it doomed?

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unstable internet, high ping/ping spikes.

RogersJermaine

Hello @chenguoxin,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for sharing your concern. It certainly can be frustrating dealing with high ping and lag spikes while gaming, it can really ruin the experience.

You did mention a temporary line? If you do have a temporary line and multiple technicians have come out to take a look at it then it is possible you are waiting for the line to be buried. As we have entered our burial season you can find out more on the timeline for line to be buried here.

We would still like to take a deeper look into this for you to see if we can provide you with a resolution or some more information.

Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

Hi Jermaine, sorry for the late reply, the issue is still persisting. There is no temporary line anymore, I wish the temporary lines remained. When I had the temp lines my internet was useable. They told me they buried a new cable but even with that I have been experiencing the worst possible internet. They also told me they did tests on my cable and they said everything was fine, but clearly it is not.

Hello, @chenguoxin 

We appreciate you providing us with those additional details.

As per the reply from Jermaine, please send us a private message so we can take a closer look at this for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation