cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service

bmdecosta
I've been here awhile

we have noticed that the area around 1535 Hwy 7a, Port Perry. (Walmart plaza) has the worst possible internet service  when we mentioned it the staff at two of the stores said it was a known problem and everyone complains about it. I call several times and then chatted to someone at rogers   this is over the last 9 months  today was the worst. you could not do a search at all and then we could not connect the bluetooth in the car until we were out of the "dead zone" the fact that this is common knowledge is very sad indeed. please do something about this area

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Poor Service

RogersMoin

Hello, @bmdecosta.

Thank you for posting your concern about service, and welcome to our Community. We understand the frustration caused by unreliable service, especially when it's been ongoing for several months.

By Internet service, do you mean cellular data? We need more details to troubleshoot the issue:

• What's the make/model of your phone?
  • Is it a Rogers device?
  • What's the signal strength? 
  • Is the device connecting to 5G?
  • Is the poor service happening indoors or outdoors?

Your phone not connecting with the car's Bluetooth doesn't relate to poor cellular service.

You can check the network status and report the issue. It can be done through MyRogers app > Support tab > Network Aid. Our Engineering teams analyze these reports to improve the services. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

bmdecosta
I've been here awhile

hello. in answer to your questions I am using an iPhone 13. it was purchased from rogers I am connected to 5g the problem happens when im in the Walmart store. (staff know about the issues ) as well as the bulk barn  (staff know about the issue as well).  I can not do a google search when im 1/2 either side of this location. I drive past the "dead zone" and it is like a light turns on.  I have spoke to many people and they all say the same things. the wifi in and around the Port Perry area (west) and also by the doctors offices 462 Paxton St  is horrendous. I have called about it and I know for a fact three other people I know have called as well 

@bmdecosta I would recommend you to report the area issue through our MyRogers app as suggested by RogersMoin. Once you log in go to Support >> Network Aid >> Report. It may be best to do this while you're in the low coverage area. 

RogersZia

bmdecosta
I've been here awhile

thanks for the suggestion. I have reported it from the location before but I did it again today and received a message saying that there is no issue at the area might be my phone. odd as I just got a new phone FROM rogers  ill keep at it but thanks again cheers

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation