cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling PayGo to renew, what changed?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I'm on a grandfathered talk anytime plan which I renew annually. My PayGo balance expires on Sunday, so today (Friday) I'm trying to call PayGo (1-800-575-9090) to renew using my remaining balance of about $50 and get credit for a bunch of spam texts received over the past year. I've always followed this procedure, call 1-800-575-9090, to reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent. Well, it seems that now the menu has changed and I can no longer reach a human representative to get my renewal completed.  HELP!

**Labels Added**

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Calling PayGo to renew, what changed?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR Although the menu system has changed slightly, giving you the option to press 9 to go back, it then still gives you the option to press 1 to talk to an agent.  You just need to be patient to wait for that option.

I tried again and again and at no point did pressing 1 get me a live agent. Then I tried pressing 5 for forgot passcode when it came to enter it to top up and finally got a live agent.  All is well and although this time I had less than $100 in my balance to renew for another year, I paid the $100 with my CC and the balance was rolled over. When I asked for spam text credit, the agent actually found more than I'd totaled up, so bonus.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR Although the menu system has changed slightly, giving you the option to press 9 to go back, it then still gives you the option to press 1 to talk to an agent.  You just need to be patient to wait for that option.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

I tried again and again and at no point did pressing 1 get me a live agent. Then I tried pressing 5 for forgot passcode when it came to enter it to top up and finally got a live agent.  All is well and although this time I had less than $100 in my balance to renew for another year, I paid the $100 with my CC and the balance was rolled over. When I asked for spam text credit, the agent actually found more than I'd totaled up, so bonus.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I tried again and again and at no point did pressing 1 get me a live agent. 

Did you wait until the very and of the options?  ie press 4 once the first set of options start, then press 4 once the second set of options start, then wait for them to mention option 9 to return to the previous menu, then wait for option 1, then press 1? 

One needs to be patient.  Although you can "bypass" the options once the various options start, it can be best to wait until all the options are presented to press the option you need.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote: 

Did you wait until the very and of the options?  ie press 4 once the first set of options start, then press 4 once the second set of options start, then wait for them to mention option 9 to return to the previous menu, then wait for option 1, then press 1? 

One needs to be patient.  Although you can "bypass" the options once the various options start, it can be best to wait until all the options are presented to press the option you need.

Maybe I didn't wait long enough for option 1 again.  I'll try next year if the menu hasn't changed again. At least I know that pressing 5 for forgot passcode during the payment process gets me a live agent. There can't be many of us left on the grandfathered talk anytime plan.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:  Maybe I didn't wait long enough for option 1 again. 

Goes to show that, just like the definition of insanity, doing something once with patience may be better than doing something many times with a lack thereof.

fiona59
I plan to stick around

I've tried it all and can't find a human

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fiona59 : Please see my response in the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Talking-to-a-Customer-Service-Rep/m-p/514183#M38...

Also, as discussed earlier in this thread, you need to be patient and wait for all the options to finish. You also need to dial the correct number, as outlined in the link above (*611 from your Prepaid phone, not #611).

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 in conversation