cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD ACCOUNT CREATED - NO HELP OR CONTACT FROM ROGERS

asadokierski
I've been here awhile

Someone has created a Rogers internet account using my name and email address. I had assumed it was a scam as I am not a Rogers customer - however I am now getting emails that the $880 bill will be assigned to a collections agency. 

I've reported a Fraud case 7 days ago - I have received ZERO contact from Rogers customer service, Rogers fraud department and I'm now calling the police to report a fraud case on my behalf. 

Does anyone know how Rogers deals with this issue? Has anyone gotten it resolved or do they just pay the amount and hope that Rogers never comes into their lives again? 

What is the extension to speak with a real person from the Fraud department? 

Such a nightmare especially when I was never a Rogers customer (certainly will not be now).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FRAUD ACCOUNT CREATED - NO HELP OR CONTACT FROM ROGERS

RogersCorey

Greetings @asadokierski!

It can take up to 10 business days for a fraud case of this nature to be actioned. If you reported it to us 7 days ago, it is expected that you would not yet have received any communications from us. Only 5 business days have passed since you reported it.

I understand it is distressing to be in this situation but I can assure you that such a complaint will not be ignored.

You will be contacted directly by the Fraud Department once they have an update on your case. I apologize for any delay.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersCorey

Greetings @asadokierski!

It can take up to 10 business days for a fraud case of this nature to be actioned. If you reported it to us 7 days ago, it is expected that you would not yet have received any communications from us. Only 5 business days have passed since you reported it.

I understand it is distressing to be in this situation but I can assure you that such a complaint will not be ignored.

You will be contacted directly by the Fraud Department once they have an update on your case. I apologize for any delay.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@asadokierski wrote:

1. Someone has created a Rogers internet account using my name and email address.

2. I am now getting emails that the $880 bill will be assigned to a collections agency. 

1. How do you know this?  They would need a lot more information than name and e-mail address.

2. This may be part of the same scam that many people get all the time.  Have you looked at the sender's e-mail address to see if it's actually Rogers corporate e-mail?

3. Here's a post on tips for sussing out scams:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Rogers-Email-Instructing-me-to...

4. Here's a link to Rogers information on scam e-mails:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud/Email-Spamming/ta-p/454422

Edit - 5. If the e-mails are scams now that you have this information, you probably have nothing to worry about and you can forward the e-mail(s) to abuse@rogers.com.

asadokierski
I've been here awhile

Hi there -

1) I confirmed that the emails are from Rogers Credit Operations. The emails I receive just state my name, last 4 digits of the account number and an outstanding charge. I think what happened is they had screwed up in opening someone else's account and tied to my name (I had a closed Rogers account previously). However, Rogers support has not been supportive, clear or even directionally helpful in figuring out that this is THEIR error, what the process is to resolve it and how I can get Rogers to delete my information for the future. 

I've since submitted a police report, Equifax fraud alert, TransUnion fraud complaint, Anti-Fraud Canada complaint in addition to the fraud investigation opened with Rogers. 

Good Day @asadokierski!

We're sorry to hear what transpired. This is most definitely not the type of experience we want you to be having. 😥 Has an advisor from our Fraud Department been in contact with you since you last posted? As @RogersCorey mentioned, once a fraud case it open, it does take up to 10 business days for it to be actioned. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,

RogersJo 

asadokierski
I've been here awhile

Hi there - no one has contacted me yet. I've been given the run around by customer care before so I will follow up daily until this issue is resolved.

Good day @asadokierski ,

Thanks for the update! Do you know if it has been a full 10 business days since we submitted the case to our Fraud department? If not, kindly give them enough time to investigate and get back to you. Please also take into account the holidays which may cause a slight delay as well.

If it has been more than the 10 business days, please feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to review your account to see if they have left any internal notes regarding your issue. 

We appreciate your patience in this matter!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation