cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roger’s users manual

Rumi1
I've been around

Where can I find the Rogers users manual?

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Roger’s users manual

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rumi1 What specific information are you looking for?  Any documentation and "how-to" articles that Rogers provides can be found (or searched for) at https://www.rogers.com/support

If you are looking for additional information about Ignite TV set-top boxes and Internet gateways, you can also check the Shaw support site (search for BlueCurve).  The Comcast Xfinity support site is also a useful resource but it can be confusing because it contains information about older X1 gear (that Rogers never deployed) as well as a lot of information about products and services that are specific to Comcast.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rumi1, the answer is, you can't.  Rogers has never posted user manuals anywhere on the Rogers site.  Customers have to scrounge from other ISP sites or the original manufacturers support pages.  

Fwiw, this is one of my longstanding complaints (over several years) regarding customer support, or rather, lack of Rogers customer support. 

What manual are you looking for?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rumi1 What specific information are you looking for?  Any documentation and "how-to" articles that Rogers provides can be found (or searched for) at https://www.rogers.com/support

If you are looking for additional information about Ignite TV set-top boxes and Internet gateways, you can also check the Shaw support site (search for BlueCurve).  The Comcast Xfinity support site is also a useful resource but it can be confusing because it contains information about older X1 gear (that Rogers never deployed) as well as a lot of information about products and services that are specific to Comcast.

tbcuthbert
I plan to stick around

How do we escalate this within Rogers.  I am a current Shaw with Rogers customer.

I currently have Shaw Arris TV Gateway with 2 TB external drive & 3 terminals for past several years it is excellent but hard drive issues and may have to update to Ignite TV.

I went to the Rogers website to review Ignite TV user manual and found a few random Ignite TV FAQs and a 1 minute video of nothing relevant. I almost gave up and then went back to Shaw website, did a search and found complete online User Manual. Shaw has always been very good at online manuals as well as PDFs. 
I am very concerned that as the Shaw Rogers merger proceeds further than Shaw's website info may disappear.

SO HOW DO we escalate that this info is required?  Is ther a way to provide Feedback to Rogers executive like there is for us to provide feedback to Shaw Executive.  Shaw's feedback link is still on website but does not seem to get same level of response that it did before the Rogers buyout.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 11.11.14 AM.png

tbcuthbert
I plan to stick around

our reply referencing Shaw website is excellent.  Thank you.
I found your response after I found the info myself on the Shaw website.  

We do need to escalate this within Rogers ... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tbcuthbert wrote: How do we escalate this within Rogers.  

Perhaps there is no need if you look at the IgniteTV Knowledge Base Articles?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/tkb-p/IgniteTV@tkb

I looked at those that applied to me when I migrated.  I also read recent threads in the IgniteTV forum that may apply to me.

As mentioned by @-G- above, doing a search on Rogers Website can also be very useful.  For example, I typed in "IgniteTV remote" and the following came up.

https://www.rogers.com/search?q=igniteTV%20remote&language=en&psize=10

Searching this forum can also be quite useful.

tbcuthbert
I plan to stick around

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for Rogers online Ignite TV User Manual like on Shaw website (see screenshot).

I looked at your link. I did not see it?

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 11.11.14 AM.png

tbcuthbert
I plan to stick around

I found some of it with a search on the link you provided.  If you go to the Shaw website  (https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/equipment-info-shaw-tv-equipment-user-guides/ta-p/5560?respon...) , you will see more that could be added to make the transition more user friendly.  Just suggestions.  The Shaw online guides have helped me a lot over the years.  
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 2.24.33 PM.png

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tbcuthbert wrote: I looked at your link. I did not see it?

You weren't meant to. My previous post was intended to show that there are many ways to skin a cat.

Although user manuals can be helpful for the 5-10% of people who may read them (like you and me), the vast majority of people do not. 

tbcuthbert
I plan to stick around

@57   I hear your perspective.  Though I may disagree with the percentages, I do agree with your premise.

I use multiple ways to resolve issues/research all the time.
One of which is user manuals in 2 cases at least
    1. if all else fails; and
    2. if something new of interest. 

A merger provides the opportunity for Rogers to benefit from the work of Shaw's people as well as just taking over their customer base.
My comments here are for those employees/executive at Rogers that may perhaps be interested in customer input on some of the benefits of the buyout
such as the Shaw documentation that Rogers currently provides to some of us as their current "Shaw with Rogers" customer base. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

@tbcuthbert wrote: I looked at your link. I did not see it?

You weren't meant to. My previous post was intended to show that there are many ways to skin a cat.

Although user manuals can be helpful for the 5-10% of people who may read them (like you and me), the vast majority of people do not. 

Another problem with publishing a comprehensive "user guide" is that you need to pay somebody to write it and keep it up-to-date... and whatever you publish will be too much information for some and never enough information for others.

Comcast puts their documentation online.  Customers/technology licensees, such as Rogers and Shaw, use that as boilerplate for documentation that they, in turn, provide to their customers.  (In my opinion, Shaw did a better job of this for BlueCurve than Rogers did for Ignite TV.)  The challenge with this approach is that Comcast now offers a broader, more diverse suite of products under their Xfinity brand than Rogers or Shaw did, and as their products become more tightly-integrated, it becomes more cumbersome for Rogers to customize.  You can't just use their docs as a template and simply apply/substitute Rogers branding.

Comcast tried to design the UI of their TV product to be familiar (if you know how to drive a Ford car, you should also be able to drive a Chevy) and to make other unique features discoverable.  e.g. When navigating the Guide, if you press the "right arrow" button repeatedly, a tip will pop up telling you that you can navigate to the next day by pressing the Fast Forward button.

Rogers also used to have a "Tips & Tricks" button accessible from the set-top boxes Help screen.  "Tips & Tricks" is still available on the Apps screen (waaay down in the Daily Life apps section).  You can also access YouTube tutorials from the Help screen as well.

Comcast also has a great reference for their remote controls , which either describes or links to information that most people will need.

Shaw did a great job as well: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/bluecurve-tv-remote-control/ta-p/4975

By comparison, unless I am missing something, Rogers does not provide any information on how to actually USE the Ignite TV Voice Remote: https://www.rogers.com/support/tv-streaming/remote

Even taking the Voice Remote as an example, Comcast offers remotes (e.g. and XR16 and the new XR100 for their streaming service boxes) that Rogers and Shaw do not.  Comcast and Shaw also offer the "web remote" to their customers but Rogers does not... at least not net.  Hopefully, once Rogers and Shaw customers are integrated onto common systems in the back-end, and the Rogers and (former) Shaw Ignite TV services share a common feature set, the online support pages will become unified and improved as well.

tbcuthbert
I plan to stick around

thank you. This is very helpful. and I will definitely tag this for future reference.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 in conversation