cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling with eSIM data, can I roam calls but not answer and not be charged?

Mmmichelle
I've been around

On an iOS I am travelling with an eSIM for data from Holafly. I’ve turned off my Rogers data off, can I keep my calling on, be on it as Roam Like Home and not answer calls but it goes to voicemail and it not charge me the daily Roam Like Home rate? I want to be able to iMessage using my phone number.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Travelling with eSIM data, can I roam calls but not answer and not be charged?

RogersMoin

Hello, @Mmmichelle.

Welcome to our Community, and thank you for your question. 

Turning data off will not prevent Roam Like Home charges; your phone must be in Airplane mode. One of our resident experts, @57, summarized avoiding Roam Like Home charges in this post: Roaming like home?.

You can still use your iMessage. iMessage works when your phone is in Airplane mode but connected to WiFi. You can send and receive iMessages to other Apple devices and Macs using WiFi.  However, you cannot send or receive SMS/MMS messages to non-Apple devices, as they require a cellular connection. 

More questions? Please ask away. 

Safe travels!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Travelling with eSIM data, can I roam calls but not answer and not be charged?

RogersMoin

Hello, @Mmmichelle.

Welcome to our Community, and thank you for your question. 

Turning data off will not prevent Roam Like Home charges; your phone must be in Airplane mode. One of our resident experts, @57, summarized avoiding Roam Like Home charges in this post: Roaming like home?.

You can still use your iMessage. iMessage works when your phone is in Airplane mode but connected to WiFi. You can send and receive iMessages to other Apple devices and Macs using WiFi.  However, you cannot send or receive SMS/MMS messages to non-Apple devices, as they require a cellular connection. 

More questions? Please ask away. 

Safe travels!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation