cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone on Upfront Edge

mark_ward
I plan to stick around

I want to sell my iPhone privately and buy a new directly from Samsung. Frankly the manufacturer sells new devices for a lot less than I wypsy Rogers via upfront edge financing. That said can I remove SIM from current iPhone and let new owner insert theirs then put my sim in new Samsung phone and continue to pay monthly payments to rogers for duration of term then repay upfront edge amount at end of term. Also will new owner be able to use iPhone. It’s been suggested that phones subject to upfront edge financing are locked to Rogers

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iPhone on Upfront Edge

RogersJermaine

Hi @mark_ward,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for posting your query here.

If you are still planning on making regular payments for the device and keeping your account active, then you will still be able to use your SIM on the new device, and other users will be able to use the phone you have provided them with as well.

I hope that information helps, and for more information related to the Upfront Edge program, you can find it here.

RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersJermaine

Hi @mark_ward,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for posting your query here.

If you are still planning on making regular payments for the device and keeping your account active, then you will still be able to use your SIM on the new device, and other users will be able to use the phone you have provided them with as well.

I hope that information helps, and for more information related to the Upfront Edge program, you can find it here.

RogersJermaine

mark_ward
I plan to stick around
Ok. Thanks. I have to say since I asked this question I have been on a phone call with a Roger’s agent who told me the exact opposite. In that a phone financed through upfront edge must be paid out in full before it changes hands. So according to that call I have to payout the contract at which point I own the phone before anyone else can use it
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation