cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture & Sound Are Out of Sync

Nwhelan77
I've been here awhile

My ignite tv box in my room is lagging, meaning the lips r moving on shows but the voice comes after. This is only happening on my tv so im pretty sure its a ignite box problem. Yes yes ive restarted modem, restarted box, refreshed box, blah blah but it still doesnt work. Ive called to get them to send me new one and its been a month and no new tv box. They said there is no record of a swap out for the box. So frustratingg. Anyone else having these issues and if so what did you do? TIA

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Picture & Sound Are Out of Sync

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Nwhelan77 : 1. Is it the same on all channels?  If not, then the issue may be with the channel/broadcaster.

2. Yesterday I started noticing a massive synch issue on Stingray Now 4K that was not there previously. The audio preceded the video by about a second or more.  I checked other channels and recordings that I usually watch and didn't see any problems with those.

3. Go into your Settings for audio on the box and make sure it's set to "stereo" and not DD or Expert. This can sometimes help.

4. I'll keep an eye open tonight again.

Here's a post on synch issues that may help:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/audio-synch-problems-on-lost-nov-10th.17429/#post-131926

Nwhelan77
I've been here awhile
Yes its the same on all channels and netflix too

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. I just checked quite a few channels and they are fine, except for Stingray Now 4K (983) which recently had different issues, so I think their problem is channel - specific.

2. Try another restart of your system by using the Home Connect app, or by going into Rogers - Settings - Help.

3. Check your audio setting is set to Stereo.  (Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Audio - HDMI Audio Output.)

4. What is the make/model of your TV?  I assume you're connected directly to the TV and not an AVR or Sound Bar.

5. Do you have another TV in the home?  Is the problem the same if you do?

limegreen1797
I've been around

My audio and video were very out of sync when streaming. I tried your advice, and set my Audio to Stereo, and it fixed the problem. Thanks!! 😊 

wayner92
I'm a reliable contributor

Synch issues can be caused by other things as well if you have multiple devices in your audio path and some are using digital which may have a delay when encoded and some are analog.

You shouldn't have this sync issue if your Ignite box is plugged directly to your TV which is then providing your sound.  But if you then took the analog audio out of your TV and plugged that into an amp or were using a soundbar in a convoluted way then that might cause issues.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 in conversation