cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to Ignite WiFiTM Gateway (Gen 2

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast

How do I log in to the Ignite WiFiTM Gateway (Gen 2 I tried the 192...... On the browser but nothing happens what am I doing wrong?

*** Edited Labels ***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Can't log in to Ignite WiFiTM Gateway (Gen 2

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Did you try 10.0.0.1

Okay that worked but I can't log in is it cusadmin/ password ?

@lethalsniper wrote:
Okay that worked but I can't log in is it cusadmin/ password ?

No, it is admin / password

... and once you log in, you will be prompted to change the password.

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast
Okay that worked but it's forcing me to change my password do I ? And will I be able to turn off wifi band steering once Im in ?

@lethalsniper wrote:
Okay that worked but it's forcing me to change my password do I ?

Yes, change the admin password... and be sure not to forget the new password.

And will I be able to turn off wifi band steering once Im in ?

You can, temporarily, by disabling the 5 GHz network in the Wi-Fi settings.

To disable band steering permanently, you will need to assign different network names to the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.  You can also do this through the Ignite HomeConnect app.  However, you will not be able to disable band steering if you have Ignite WiFi Pods installed.  (I also don't recall whether or not you can change Wi-Fi network names through the web admin UI anymore.)

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast
Off topic can I place this modem on full bridge mode and use a router ? And is their a specific router I should get or any will do I'm looking to spend roughly $100

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast
I was able to switch wifi band steering just by going thru the browser using 10.0.0.1 now is that a temp fix or will I need to go thru the app

@lethalsniper wrote:
I was able to switch wifi band steering just by going thru the browser using 10.0.0.1 now is that a temp fix or will I need to go thru the app

Any changes to the Wi-Fi network names, done through the web admin UI, should stick.  If you have any concerns, use the mobile app to check whether your changes are visible there too.  If they are, great.  If not, apply the changes again using the app.

Re: your previous question about enabling Bridge Mode and using your own router... sure, you can do this.  Many of us do.  Whether or not a $100 router will meet your needs depends on the Internet speed tier that you subscribe to and the specific technical problem(s) that you are trying to solve by going this route.

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast
How do I access the modems signal strength levels I can't find it when I log in to the modem

@lethalsniper wrote:
How do I access the modems signal strength levels I can't find it when I log in to the modem

You can view the RSSI for connected Wi-Fi devices by going to "Connected Devices > Devices"

For DOCSIS modem signal stats, go to "Gateway > Connection > Rogers Network"

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation