cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Inspiron cannot find Rogers Ignite router

robert4
I've been here awhile

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron on Windows 10. It cannot find my Rogers Ignite Router. The WIFI adapter is not a problem, it can connect to my phone's hot spot. I can also connect to an old Dlink router I daisy- chained to the Rogers Ignite router. It just cannot find the Rogers router. My Dell XPS, my Mac, all my phones have no trouble finding the Rogers router; hence the router is not at issue here. I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Dell Inspiron cannot find Rogers Ignite router

RogersJermaine

Hi @robert4,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post! That certainly can be frustrating if your unable to connect one of your devices to your Ignite Internet modem. In some cases, some older devices may have trouble connecting to the new 5Ghz network. 

Can you try disabling band steering? To do so, please follow the steps found on our website here. Let us know if that helps. 

We look forward to your reply! 

RogersJermaine

robert4
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply. I did as instructed. My split band toggle switch was already off, I turned it on, gave different names to the different channels, restarted my computer. Nothing changed, my Dell Inspiron still could not see the Rogers Ignite 24Mhz channel. I turned the split band switch off again, because this setting is not recommended - according to the line next to the switch, I restarted my computer. Nothing changed. I press "Show all available channels" on my computer several times, the Ignite channels never showed up. During all that time, my Inspiron had no problem seeing the 2 channels (2.4 and 5 Mhz) on my old Dlink router I daisy - chained to the Ignite router; it also saw a long list of other channels, probably my neigbours'.   

Good morning @robert4!

If every other device can connect to our modem without issue, then there must be a problem isolated specifically to this Dell Inspiron rather than our service. 

There are a number of additional troubleshooting steps you can take that may resolve this.

Please follow the link here and try all the network troubleshooting steps to see if that resolves it: Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows - Microsoft Support

Regards,

RogersCorey

robert4
I've been here awhile

I did as instructed; problem not solved. I could however access the Rogers Ignite router control panel (10.0.0.1) while my Inspiron was connected to my old DLink router (192.168.0.1) that was daisy-chained to the Ignite, but I could not see the Inspiron in the "Connected Devices" list of the 10.0.0.1. I don't quite understand how I could see 10.0.0.1 while I was being connected to 192.168.0.1.  

Hello, @robert4.

Thanks for giving those steps a try! Since your laptop is connected to the Dlink router, it won't appear on Ignite Gateway's "Connected Devices" list.

There's a chance your Dell's WiFi adapter might not be fully compatible with the Ignite Gateway. I recommend checking with Dell support to see if there's a firmware update available for your adapter that might improve compatibility.

Regards,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation