cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding not working.

sathyasrinivas3
I've been here awhile

Hello.. suddenly my ports have stopped accepting incoming connections and now I cannot port forward at all. This happened last week and it seems to be carrying on. I have tried factory resetting the gateway and also giving static IPs to my system yet to no avail. Any ideas on what's going on? I am not sure but my WAN IP is not matching with my system IP if that has any connection.. If any more info is required let me know. Thanks for reading. 

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Port Forwarding not working.

RogersCorey

Good morning @sathyasrinivas3!

Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall to see if perhaps it is blocking your port forwarding attempts?

Regards,

RogersCorey

sorry for late reply. yes I have.. I have done mostly all the basics so far and nothing has worked. I even purchased a router and am trying to port forward within it and it is still not working. Odd. Anything comes to your mind?

Hello, @sathyasrinivas3.

The port forwarding not working even on your purchased router seems strange. Have you bridged the modem?

What ports are you trying to forward? If another service already uses the port(s) you are trying to forward, it will not work. 

Community: Any more ideas on this topic?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation