cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Rogers upped Internet speeds?

wayner92
I'm a reliable contributor

I have Rogers Ignite 300 internet service with a Hitron CGN3 gateway.  I just checked my bill and it says "Ignite Internet 300 - Unlimited" .  I believe that service was marketed as 300/20, but over the last few years when I would run speedtests I would get around 450Mbps down and 22 Mbps up.

I just ran a speedtest and I am now getting 780 Mbps down and 33 Mbps up.  Has Rogers upped me to the Ignite 500 service since the 300 service is no longer being offered?  I have certainly never seen 30ish upload speeds before.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Has Rogers upped Internet speeds?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wayner92 : You're probably still on the 300/20 plan - you can always login using MyRogers to check. Many areas have been upgraded to 30 from 20 in the past year and some select areas even have 150 up.

Many people get a lot more than they pay for. For example, I get 1.4 Gbps download speed even though I'm on a much lower plan.  IIRC I get 35 up.

I got an e-mail from Rogers in January 2023 regarding my switch from 20 to 30 up. If you check your e-mails from Rogers, including the spam folder, you may have the same.

Note that the download speed is often due to SpeedBoost which gives you a higher download speed temporarily if the area you're in is not congested.  If you were to download a very large file which would take more than a few seconds, you may find that you are then limited to the 300 down.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wayner92 : You're probably still on the 300/20 plan - you can always login using MyRogers to check. Many areas have been upgraded to 30 from 20 in the past year and some select areas even have 150 up.

Many people get a lot more than they pay for. For example, I get 1.4 Gbps download speed even though I'm on a much lower plan.  IIRC I get 35 up.

I got an e-mail from Rogers in January 2023 regarding my switch from 20 to 30 up. If you check your e-mails from Rogers, including the spam folder, you may have the same.

Note that the download speed is often due to SpeedBoost which gives you a higher download speed temporarily if the area you're in is not congested.  If you were to download a very large file which would take more than a few seconds, you may find that you are then limited to the 300 down.

wayner92
I'm a reliable contributor

Thanks.  I know that speedboost can kind of cheat, but I did see download speed of around 700Mbps when downloading a large file yesterday, so I think that this is more than just a temporary boost.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation