cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem requires reset every day

sherrygirl
I've been here awhile

My Modem requires a reset every day. Is it the modem or the area I live in that is the issue?

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Modem requires reset every day

cokeybil
I plan to stick around

Sometime the modem has flaws. I used the modem that has a "6" in it. I would get weak, slow signal from it. I asked for modem that ends in a "7". It was way better and geld it's signal strength. Just a guess as I did some searches on different modems that Rogers uses.(Gen 2 (XB7) and Gen 3 (XB8))👀!

cokeybil
I plan to stick around

Sorry I was using the XB6 modem... I went to the XB7 modem. Not the XB7 to the XB8.

RogersCorey

Good morning @sherrygirl,

I do understand that having to reboot your modem every single day would be annoying.

What exactly is happening that you need to reset your modem everyday? Is your connection slow? Is every single device unable to connect until you reboot?

Are you waking up to a light pattern on your modem that is anything other than a solid white light? What modem model and Internet package are you currently using?

If you could provide us some more details, we'll be able to provide better support.

Regards,

RogersCorey

sherrygirl
I've been here awhile
The light is solid white! Off line once again this morning we are using the white rectangular modem? We just got a new internet cable package since this has been happening once we unplug it from the wall and plug it back in…it works but we can’t do that everyday!!

Thank you for clarifying @sherrygirl!

If the light is remaining solid white, that should indicate that the modem is still online. I'll need to run some tests to get a clearer understanding of what's going on here.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation