cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet for 5 Days

laura_
I plan to stick around

Day 5 of no internet. Signed up for an upgrade. Ready to cancel altogether. No indication of when we will be reconnected. Salt on the wound to receive big bill for services while disconnected.
Wish we had known upfront this would take a while. I will never recover the time I’ve spent navigating Anna’s conversation, on hold, and on the line, unplugging and plugging in the modem, etc, etc. Makes work from home a challenge.
Buyer beware!

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: No Internet for 5 Days

RogersYasmine

Hello @laura_ ,

Welcome to our community forums! 🙂

Just to clarify, were you just trying to upgrade your existing Ignite internet service to a new tier/package? Something like that should take effect the same date that the request is set for, and I agree that 5 days is a long time to be waiting. 

Is the internet down completely or is it disconnecting intermittently? If the problem is still happening, we 'd be more than happy to take a look to see what is going on. We certainly want you to have a smooth and seamless experience!

Feel free to send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

laura_
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the reply. I have been in touch with customer service every day. It will be a full week since we’ve had no internet (or tv) at all. We lost it the day that fiber optic was installed.
We have a ticket number that apparently has been updated, however, there is no estimate time for a connection.
I wrote here to see how other customers in the same situation were able to have their cases escalated.

This has been frustrating and beyond inconvenient when one works from home.

ilakkiaselvan
I've been here awhile

It has been the same with me no internet for the last 2 weeks if they say it is with the provisioning/ backend team then expect at least 5 to 6 days before you can get any update. It doesn't matter who you escalate to. 

laura_
I plan to stick around
Wow! I think I’ll need to cancel if it is not reconnected today. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Not exactly true @ilakkiaselvan .  I had the same issue, 9 days w/o internet from upgrading.  After day 2-3, I immediately escalated it to the Office of the CEO.  Asif (rep), was on top of situation from the start, however, after my upgrade was finally completed, there was NO compensation for ANYTHING for my inconvenience, just a, "Hello, your internet should be up and running, thanks, any more issues please call.  Thanks for choosing Rogers".   SMH

laura_
I plan to stick around

Thanks for sharing your experience. It has now been 12 days without connection. I have called several times and they have reassured me that the ticket has been escalated, but I am not sure what to believe anymore. Sorry to hear that you did not receive compensation. 

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation