cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security camera and other devices can't connect to Ignite internet any more

BobbyON
I've been here awhile

I am getting a strange thing with Rogers Ignet internet. I switched to Rogers internet end of last year. After installation, every device works fine. But I just found my smart TV time to time lost connection, I have to reset DNS, it started working. I was thinking something wrong with Modem. I restarted it, the crazy thing happened, my security cameras can't connect to internet, I even can't register them in App. Called Rogers, wait for long long time. How can I resolve it?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Security camera and other devices can't connect to Ignite internet any more

Red_line
I've been here awhile
The issue has been solved after removing band steering and switching the authentication for WiFi 2.4Ghz to WPA2.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersTony

Hello, @BobbyON 

Thanks for posting your concern to the community.

It is strange that those devices stopped connecting to WiFi all of a sudden after restarting the modem. 

• Can you confirm if you did a factory reset or just a regular restart by removing the power cord?
  • What kind of security cameras are you using? 
  • Do you know if the cameras connect to both 2.4G and 5G WiFi?

Once we have more details we can assist you better.

RogersTony

Red_line
I've been here awhile

Hello, I'm experiencing a similar issue after transitioning from a Hitron modem to an XB8. My security cameras have lost their connection. I've attempted to create separate SSIDs for 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6E Wi-Fi bands and tried to connect the security cameras through their respective apps. However, the cameras still can't sync properly. It seems that when connected to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, the camera can be detected in the app, but the modem is unable to assign an IP and establish a connection.

PS: I've already performed a factory reset on the camera, and it's a Merkury smart Wi-Fi camera that only works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. Thank you.

Good day, @Red_line !

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting your security camera concerns!

After some quick research, it does appear that you are working with a slightly older technology when it comes to your camera. Not to say that this would be the cause, but it may present some challenges when trying to connect with our newer, more advanced modems.

As this is considered third party equipment, I'll go ahead and tap a few of our Resident Experts in hopes that they may be able to provide some insight or recommendations. Or maybe another user in the community may have some experience and can share their wisdom. 🙂 

@-G-, @Datalink, @Gdkitty 

Cheers!

RogrersYasmine

Red_line
I've been here awhile
The issue has been solved after removing band steering and switching the authentication for WiFi 2.4Ghz to WPA2.

User5341
I've been here awhile
I am sure how to post. The only way I can is to reply to another post. So my ignite cameras. Would tell me a pet was captured on my camera. I don't have a pet. But like clockwork the green pet icon appears on my security footage. A CAR periodically I see the car icon pop up. Like how is this possible. I live on a third floor. How can my security camera say a car was in my living room or a car was in my bedroom.

Thank you for joining the conversation. That would be strange for detection to identify a car inside the home. When you are getting these notifications for motion being detected, are the cameras detecting anything at all, or is there nothing there? If you are finding that it is detecting too much motion, you can try adjusting the settings through the steps found here

Also, if you are looking to create a new post, we have a blog that you can go over that can help you with that. 

Thank you
RogersJermaine 

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation