cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary line issue

cypher4066
I've been around

I have ignite internet installed yesterday and this turn out a huge headache. The orignal line is not working (was working last year) and the tech ran a temorary line from the greenbox infront of my neighbour's house, up to trees, cross his driveway and mine, to my house. My neighour is strongely against it and said its a huge hazard and he can sue rogers for it. The wire go straight up to the trees from the box and hang very high up there so I don't think it's hazardous as far as I can tell. However it is realy realy ugly, shinning white wrie. No other house has wire like that in the whole street. The tech said it's temporary and will be buried in a few months, however I saw a lot of posts saying wires hunging for years. So now I am really thinking to cancel it. 

The problem is I have to go through this again if I want any cable service in future unless I never use any providers with rogers cable, and my bell line is only up to 50MB. 

I don't have much hope that anyone can help in this situation but any idea would be appreciated.

** Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Temporary line issue

RogersYasmine

Hello @cypher4066 !

Welcome to our Rogers community forums and thanks for your post! 🙂

Although no specific date can be provided, we always do our best to make sure that all burials are completed as quickly as possible while maintaining the mandated specifications for safety. Burial work orders are completed in a priority sequence starting with the oldest pending order. Also, orders that have been pending from the previous year will be prioritized and completed before June 30.

Burial timelines may vary based on the time of year the temporary line was installed:

• Underground drops created prior to February 1: Burial will be completed by June 30.
  • February 1 to June 30: Burial will take place within 6-8 weeks after June 30.
  • July 1 to September 30: Burial will take place within 6-8 weeks.
  • October 1 to December 31: Burial will be completed before June 30 of the following year.

To learn more about our burial process, please check out our helpful post found here. I hope this info is useful!

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Temporary line issue

RogersYasmine

Hello @cypher4066 !

Welcome to our Rogers community forums and thanks for your post! 🙂

Although no specific date can be provided, we always do our best to make sure that all burials are completed as quickly as possible while maintaining the mandated specifications for safety. Burial work orders are completed in a priority sequence starting with the oldest pending order. Also, orders that have been pending from the previous year will be prioritized and completed before June 30.

Burial timelines may vary based on the time of year the temporary line was installed:

• Underground drops created prior to February 1: Burial will be completed by June 30.
  • February 1 to June 30: Burial will take place within 6-8 weeks after June 30.
  • July 1 to September 30: Burial will take place within 6-8 weeks.
  • October 1 to December 31: Burial will be completed before June 30 of the following year.

To learn more about our burial process, please check out our helpful post found here. I hope this info is useful!

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation