cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global App Won’t Authenticate

KMP13
I've been around

When I enter the authentication code and select Rogers to sign in all I get is a 404 Page Not Found error message on my Tv. How do I fix?

***Edited Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Global App Won’t Authenticate

RogersZia

Hello @KMP13,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

What platform are you using to access the app? Are you able to access Global through your TV and the Ignite TV app? Can you please try to sign into the Global app on a mobile device?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

LizzieTish
I've been here awhile

Same issue here. GlobalTV App (on AppleTV) displays a code, directs me to watch.globaltv.com/activate, where I enter the code, and Global’s website then displays a choice of service providers. I click on Roger’s, and the result on Roger’s website is a 404 error.

The URL used by Global, and not found on Roger’s, is https://secure.rogersondemand.com/rest/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=[rest of the data in the url deleted by myself]

Good day @LizzieTish,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

We surely want to help you resolve the issue you're experiencing with the Global App not authenticating.

To confirm; are you able to gain access to Global on your TV and via the Ignite TV app?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Clubed
I've been here awhile
I have had the same problem all week as well.
It doesn't allow me to login and says the rogers page error 404.

wsking
I've been here awhile

It doesn't work on any device, it work fine foe the past months and now suddenly it doesn't work.

why Rogers?

LizzieTish
I've been here awhile

No, I cannot access Global as the authentication is broken. That would be, um, why I posted the problem. Duh.

However, you probably have to respond to all posts within a specific period of time, which you have done. \however, there should be a target that you actually have to address the problem, not just put up a fluff response to meet some superficial management measure,.

Disappointed, I am.

Clubed
I've been here awhile
This issue is still ongoing and is affecting everyone attempting to use Rogers to access the Global app. I was hoping it would be addressed and solved by now. We are all paying for a system to work and to go not just days but weeks without a fix is irresponsible of Roger's and this platform needs to be properly monitored if you want customer satisfaction.

Hi @Clubed, @wsking, & @LizzieTish,

Thank you all for your patience and for the updated information you have provided in this thread regarding the issue with not being able to sign into the Global TV app. I recently tested it on my device, an iPhone 12 Pro, and I was able to log in to the Global TV app.

If you can, please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so that we can escalate this issue and work together on a resolution. For more information on how our private messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

wsking
I've been here awhile

Don't know what you are using, but doesn't work on my iPhone 13 either..It works on Bell and other providers, but not rogers.

Same. I haven’t been able to log in all week. iPad, galaxy tab. Nothing works. Tried the bell sign in and it works fine.
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation