cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Ignite TV on computer while using VPN?

CJ35
I've been around

I am using a VPN for privacy reasons, not to bypass any geofencing. 

Is there any way to bypass the This Video Cannot Be Played error while staying connected? I am using NordVPN. As soon as I disconnect Nord, the video resumes.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to access Ignite TV on computer while using VPN?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CJ35  I do not know what to suggest.

Ignite TV was not really meant to be used with a VPN service; some channels can only be viewed from your in-home Wi-Fi, and using a VPN is guaranteed break Ignite TV in this case.  For other content, that can still be viewed outside your home but still while in Canada, it might work, provided that you are using Canadian exit nodes.  However, it's also conceivable that Rogers/Comcast might block access from VPN servers because there is no way to guarantee that your computer is located in Canada.  You could also run into problems if your device's location services place you in a different location from where your VPN exit node is IP-geolocated.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to access Ignite TV on computer while using VPN?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CJ35  I do not know what to suggest.

Ignite TV was not really meant to be used with a VPN service; some channels can only be viewed from your in-home Wi-Fi, and using a VPN is guaranteed break Ignite TV in this case.  For other content, that can still be viewed outside your home but still while in Canada, it might work, provided that you are using Canadian exit nodes.  However, it's also conceivable that Rogers/Comcast might block access from VPN servers because there is no way to guarantee that your computer is located in Canada.  You could also run into problems if your device's location services place you in a different location from where your VPN exit node is IP-geolocated.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation