cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart feature: small blue triangle in a small blue circle

jim4366
I've been here awhile

When you press the guide button, it opens the guide with the current channel highlighted in the the top left. Sometimes also with a little blue triangle.  Now at the same time, (it seems, only when it is 10 or 20 minutes past the hour), down in the bottom right corner is the same channel number and the same blue triangle. Along with the word "Restart". Could it be?  That if I come in late, the show can be re-started?  But how? How to activate?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Restart feature: small blue triangle in a small blue circle

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. To restart a programme, when in the guide press Info - select restart. 

2. When in the guide (and tuned to the channel of interest) you can also say "restart" into the mic and the programme will be at the start when you exit the guide.

3. When watching the programme, simply say "restart" into the mic.

The Voice Commands are very powerful and useful things.

The restart feature is not available on all programming and we have found it difficult to determine which programming/channels have it.  It seems to vary a lot and can even change on the same channel and the same programme after a period of time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. To restart a programme, when in the guide press Info - select restart. 

2. When in the guide (and tuned to the channel of interest) you can also say "restart" into the mic and the programme will be at the start when you exit the guide.

3. When watching the programme, simply say "restart" into the mic.

The Voice Commands are very powerful and useful things.

The restart feature is not available on all programming and we have found it difficult to determine which programming/channels have it.  It seems to vary a lot and can even change on the same channel and the same programme after a period of time.

jim4366
I've been here awhile

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, if you see that blue symbol in any future programming in the guide it indicates that, even though the programme airs in the future, it can be played now (on demand). As mentioned earlier, it is very difficult to predict which programming has this functionality. I believe it may have something to do with the "approved by rights holder" programming that may have been recorded in the cloud by someone else, but that's just conjecture on my part.

Again, some (future) programming may be available currently and may go away.  I encountered this with several movies on Hollywood Suite - some movies would be available one day and the next day or week would no longer be playable.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation