cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV

beary1
I've been here awhile

Just upgraded to Ignite tv and new modem(500Mbps) I find that 40% of the time the tv starts up quickly able to watch within a few seconds but the rest of the time between pushing the power button on the remote and being able to see a a station can take about 15 sec. The tv screen goes blue then black for about 15 sec or more. I have rebooted the modem and tv box twice with no change. I do not know if this is normal ?

Thankyou

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wonder with seeing the blue/black screens for a few seconds, might be a handshake issue?
 Are both the TV and the rogers box set to AUTO for the quality?
Try setting the rogers box to a set resolution, and then it might have to do less of a handshake.. not have to check each other for what they can do, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@beary1 Although it takes a few seconds for the programming to appear, it is not normal to have a blue, then black screen.  I have the following comments/questions:

1. Are you sure it's not the TV that is causing the issue with the longer startup times. Many TVs take 10-15 seconds to start up, depending on powersave settings, etc.  If possible, leave the TV on and turn on the box.  You may need to cover the IR sensor/eye on the TV so it doesn't turn on/off with the power button on the Rogers remote.  How "warm" the TV is (from previous use, etc) may affect the TV startup time?

2. Have you used the HomeConnect App to look at your WiFi signal to the box to see if there are issues there? 

3. Instead of rebooting the box or modem with the power cable, do a "restart" of the system using the Home Connect app or via Rogers - Settings - Help - System Refresh?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wonder with seeing the blue/black screens for a few seconds, might be a handshake issue?
 Are both the TV and the rogers box set to AUTO for the quality?
Try setting the rogers box to a set resolution, and then it might have to do less of a handshake.. not have to check each other for what they can do, etc.

beary1
I've been here awhile

Have changed the resolution at rogers box so far all is good.

Will monitor for a while.

Thankyou all for inputs

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation